SuSE Linux version 6.4 is now available in Australia.
PC World Business
There are now a variety of MP3 players that run under Linux. This month in LinuxWorld.com.au, we introduce some of the more popular programs which are available.
Compared to other operating systems, Linux is inexpensive to install and maintain, resists crashes better and can run on numerous platforms. Here's what you need to know before you decide to ditch Windows.
The key to bargain-basement supercomputing is tying together standard PCs with Linux.
Multihead is a relatively new feature in XFree86 and allows a user to run two or more monitors simultaneously while in X
Sun Microsystems' office suite, StarOffice 5.2, is a cross-platform, total office product.
Personal digital assistants have gone from geeky gadgets to professional power toys. With the latest performance improvements, some new hues, as well as pricing to suit a range of budgets - now's the time to check out the hottest handhelds.
In this feature we endeavour, via benchmark testing comparisons, to show you how your applications will perform under different configurations if you do decide to use Windows 2000.
One of the key features of SGI's operating system IRIX is its XFS file system. It was developed to meet the needs of massive graphical rendering systems, super computing arrays and large storage units. SGI is now porting the code to the Linux kernel ...
Whether you are just starting out or already have an established accounting system, we look at the software you need to take the stress out of moving to the new GST system.
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Quicken shifts to software subscription model
- Microsoft revives free Windows 10 upgrade for SMBs
- Microsoft restores database app to Office 365 for small biz
- Andromeda inbound? Google's long-rumored Android/Chrome OS merger may debut Oct 4
- Microsoft sues repeat software pirate who owes company $1.2M from prior case
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- TPAPS6/EL1 Database Modelling SpecialistACT
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCSAP Consultant - SAP Native HANA to DesignWA
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerNSW
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Automation TesterQLD
- TPSenior Java Developer - ContractQLD
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- TPProduct Owner - Cloud SolutionsQLD
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTFinancial ERP Customer SME / Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- CCSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- CCGun Java Developer wanted...VIC
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics DeveloperNSW
- CCSystems Engineer (Systems Architect/Designer)VIC
- CCERP Business Analyst (Time Capture/ Management) - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCSenior Networks Specialist - DNS PlatformVIC
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW