Merit Network, the pioneering Michigan research network that played a key role in the development of the Internet, this week will celebrate its 40th anniversary. President Emeritus Eric Aupperle, a 32-year Merit veteran who served as director and pre...
PC World Business
Symantec and McAfee say that a Microsoft technology called Patch Guard -- which blocks access to the 64-bit Vista kernel -- will make it harder for third-party security vendors to deliver certain features in their products.
Ashwin Navin, co-founder and president of file sharing software developer BitTorrent, thinks that advertising-supported content will win out over DRM (digital rights management) in the long run for movie and TV show downloads. But his company is embr...
The Eclipse Foundation has established itself as a premier open source software tools project. The organization has gained support from vendors ranging from IBM (which helped found Eclipse in 2001) to Borland Software, BEA Systems, and seemingly ever...
The growing popularity of dynamic languages, such as Perl, Python, and Ruby -- which are popular for building Web applications -- has caused companies such as Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, and Sun Microsystems to stand up and take a look. Although Microsof...
Nerds FC star goal keeper, Trent Apted, takes some time out to tell Computerworld about the geekier side of his life. He discusses his PhD project which is exploring the potential of the "tabletop interface" as a platform for formal and informal face...
Rod Johnson holds a prominent status in the Java development community. He is the founder of the Spring Framework for Java, a consultant and author. He wrote the books, Expert One-on-One J2EE Design and Development and Expert One-on-One J2EE Devel...
Deciding to concentrate on ALM (application lifecycle management), Borland Software last month announced plans to sell off its faltering JBuilder Java IDE business, as well as its Windows tools platform, including Delphi. With its SDO (Software Deliv...
S. "Soma" Somasegar is corporate vice president of the Developer Division at Microsoft. This division is responsible for the various developer tools projects at Microsoft such as Visual Studio and the new application lifecycle management platform, V...
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer this week said SQL Server 2005 should eliminate any "last bit of hesitancy" that enterprise users may have about the database's ability to scale. Ballmer spoke with Computerworld at the launch of the SQL Server upgrade, Vi...
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Israeli soldiers hit in cyberespionage campaign using Android malware
- Researcher develops ransomware attack that targets water supply
- Analysts peer into Microsoft's rumored Windows 10 Cloud
- AT&T, IBM, Nokia join to make IoT systems safer
- Apple's Plus plan pays off
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPBusiness Intelligence Program ManagerVIC
- CCSystems Engineer (Infra)NSW
- FTMonitoring Tools Support l NimSoft , SMARTS, ehealth, TivoliNSW
- TPMobile DeveloperWA
- TPChange AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Networks Specialist - DNS PlatformVIC
- FTOracle Forms PL/SQL Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXACT
- FTHRIS ConsultantQLD
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTBid ManagerVIC
- TPTechnical Support Resource-Skype for BusinessVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperVIC
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC
- TPSCCM SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - AgileQLD
- CCLevel 2 IT Service DeskQLD
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC
- TPMid-Level Java DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager - Adelaide basedVIC
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- FTOnline Solutions AnalystNSW