Merit Network, the pioneering Michigan research network that played a key role in the development of the Internet, this week will celebrate its 40th anniversary. President Emeritus Eric Aupperle, a 32-year Merit veteran who served as director and pre...
PC World Business
Symantec and McAfee say that a Microsoft technology called Patch Guard -- which blocks access to the 64-bit Vista kernel -- will make it harder for third-party security vendors to deliver certain features in their products.
Ashwin Navin, co-founder and president of file sharing software developer BitTorrent, thinks that advertising-supported content will win out over DRM (digital rights management) in the long run for movie and TV show downloads. But his company is embr...
The Eclipse Foundation has established itself as a premier open source software tools project. The organization has gained support from vendors ranging from IBM (which helped found Eclipse in 2001) to Borland Software, BEA Systems, and seemingly ever...
The growing popularity of dynamic languages, such as Perl, Python, and Ruby -- which are popular for building Web applications -- has caused companies such as Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, and Sun Microsystems to stand up and take a look. Although Microsof...
Nerds FC star goal keeper, Trent Apted, takes some time out to tell Computerworld about the geekier side of his life. He discusses his PhD project which is exploring the potential of the "tabletop interface" as a platform for formal and informal face...
Rod Johnson holds a prominent status in the Java development community. He is the founder of the Spring Framework for Java, a consultant and author. He wrote the books, Expert One-on-One J2EE Design and Development and Expert One-on-One J2EE Devel...
Deciding to concentrate on ALM (application lifecycle management), Borland Software last month announced plans to sell off its faltering JBuilder Java IDE business, as well as its Windows tools platform, including Delphi. With its SDO (Software Deliv...
S. "Soma" Somasegar is corporate vice president of the Developer Division at Microsoft. This division is responsible for the various developer tools projects at Microsoft such as Visual Studio and the new application lifecycle management platform, V...
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer this week said SQL Server 2005 should eliminate any "last bit of hesitancy" that enterprise users may have about the database's ability to scale. Ballmer spoke with Computerworld at the launch of the SQL Server upgrade, Vi...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW