Merit Network, the pioneering Michigan research network that played a key role in the development of the Internet, this week will celebrate its 40th anniversary. President Emeritus Eric Aupperle, a 32-year Merit veteran who served as director and pre...
PC World Business
Symantec and McAfee say that a Microsoft technology called Patch Guard -- which blocks access to the 64-bit Vista kernel -- will make it harder for third-party security vendors to deliver certain features in their products.
Ashwin Navin, co-founder and president of file sharing software developer BitTorrent, thinks that advertising-supported content will win out over DRM (digital rights management) in the long run for movie and TV show downloads. But his company is embr...
The Eclipse Foundation has established itself as a premier open source software tools project. The organization has gained support from vendors ranging from IBM (which helped found Eclipse in 2001) to Borland Software, BEA Systems, and seemingly ever...
The growing popularity of dynamic languages, such as Perl, Python, and Ruby -- which are popular for building Web applications -- has caused companies such as Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, and Sun Microsystems to stand up and take a look. Although Microsof...
Nerds FC star goal keeper, Trent Apted, takes some time out to tell Computerworld about the geekier side of his life. He discusses his PhD project which is exploring the potential of the "tabletop interface" as a platform for formal and informal face...
Rod Johnson holds a prominent status in the Java development community. He is the founder of the Spring Framework for Java, a consultant and author. He wrote the books, Expert One-on-One J2EE Design and Development and Expert One-on-One J2EE Devel...
Deciding to concentrate on ALM (application lifecycle management), Borland Software last month announced plans to sell off its faltering JBuilder Java IDE business, as well as its Windows tools platform, including Delphi. With its SDO (Software Deliv...
S. "Soma" Somasegar is corporate vice president of the Developer Division at Microsoft. This division is responsible for the various developer tools projects at Microsoft such as Visual Studio and the new application lifecycle management platform, V...
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer this week said SQL Server 2005 should eliminate any "last bit of hesitancy" that enterprise users may have about the database's ability to scale. Ballmer spoke with Computerworld at the launch of the SQL Server upgrade, Vi...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft’s Iowa data center cluster to reach 3.2M square feet
- Google taps AI to help you bid for digital ads
- Office 365 gets new Word, PowerPoint and Outlook features
- Yahoo abandons fight, sells internet business to Verizon for US$4.8B
- LinkedIn claims Rocket Data beats Apple's iOS caching
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCSharepoint Analyst DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- CCBusiness Analyst (NON-IT)WA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160815/P/742Asia
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCBI Delivery Project ManagerVIC
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCService Coordinator/HelpdeskWA
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW