Yahoo last week announced it is working on BrowserPlus, a development platform for creating Web applications that contain desktop capabilities.
PC World Business
Computerworld is undertaking a series of investigations into the most widely-used programming languages. Previously we spoke to Alfred v. Aho of AWK fame, and in this article we chat to Chet Ramey about his experience maintaining Bash.
Ram Murthy, the director of application systems at the Peace Corps, answers questions about education, certifications, leadership and dealing with slackers.
Computer scientist and compiler expert Alfred V. Aho is a man at the forefront of computer science research. He has been involved in the development of programming languages from his days working as the vice president of the Computing Sciences Resear...
Stronger data center management and automation technologies are on tap from IBM's software group, which is headed by Senior Vice President and group executive Steve Mills. Last week at IBM's Pulse conference, Mills sat down with Denise Dubie to discu...
When a British study recently showed the average computer keyboard is dirtier than a toilet seat, Jacqueline Miller's worst suspicions were confirmed.
The Convention on Cybercrime is the work of the Council of Europe and is aimed at facilitating international cooperation in the investigation and prosecution of computer crimes. Since the Convention came into being in 2001, the COE has been working t...
James Fallows, national correspondent for US publication The Atlantic Monthly, has experienced "The Great Firewall of China" firsthand, an experience people from around the world will share this summer when the Olympics comes to that country. Based i...
Symantec chairman and CEO John Thompson last week delivered a keynote speech to thousands of security professionals at the RSA Conference 2008 in the US. Ellen Messmer caught up with Thompson at the RSA event, where he expanded on a range of topics i...
Educators used to follow the auto industry because that's where all the lessons came from, says Bala Iyer. Then it was Microsoft. Now it's Google. In this month's Harvard Business Review, Iyer, an associate professor of technology operations and info...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
- Google buys maker of fascinating, creepy robots
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCUser Access Review (UAR) DeveloperVIC
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CCIT Project Manager - Data Centre ProjectNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS