When Shane Macaulay tried to sell the Fujitsu U810 laptop he won in a hacking contest last week, it seemed almost like an April Fool's joke.
PC World Business
Viewed by many as open source's most compelling business play in the past few years, MySQL made waves this year, accepting Sun Microsystems' US$1 billion acquisition bid, opening eyes on Wall Street as to open source's potential to shake up the softw...
The LiMo Foundation was formed on January 2007 as a consortium of mobile industry companies joining together to create for handsets an open and standardized software platform based on Linux. Their goal is to deliver an open handset format that will b...
Federal science minister Kim Carr outlines his thinking and his philosophy to <i>Australian Life Scientist</i>.
What is true enterprise security and how do you get it? Bogus promises by vendors are all too common. In this interview, outspoken security analyst Nick Selby humorously tackles the truth about data leakage products, smartphone protection, hotspot th...
The Internet engineering community will be eating its own dog food tonight. For one hour, the 1,250 network experts at the Internet Engineering Task Force meeting will be able to access the Internet only through IPv6. The IETF created IPv6 in the mid...
Ever more computers are carrying ever more confidential data -- trade secrets, personal information of clients and constituents, and national security information. Encrypted hard disks requiring hardware keys or passwords are supposedly the way to ke...
When Pakistan Telecom blocked YouTube's traffic one Sunday evening in February, the ISP created an international incident that wreaked havoc on the popular video site for more than two hours.
The European Union's 899-million-euro antitrust fine is the result of a continuous effort by the European Commission dating back to 2000. Carlo Piana, a partner at the Milan law firm Studio Legale Tamos Piana & Partners, represented the Free Software...
Almost four months after Google emerged from the background in social networking with its OpenSocial initiative, there is no shortage of skepticism around the project.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- SanDisk builds tougher flash for IoT devices
- It's official: HP will break itself in two
- Seagate launches 4TB portable drive with wireless smartphone backup
- Planned new USB connector will fit both ways
- Toshiba offers to buy failed SSD maker OCZ
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCJAVA ArchitectVIC
- CCAEM/CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.Net/Crystal Report) 160504/AP/vtdAsia
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC