For some of us, it's that magical time of year. Better than the summer holidays, better than Father's or Mother's Day -- even better than your own birthday.
Mobility & Wireless
If there's one thing the digital revolution has taught us, it's that we shouldn't get too attached to anything. Technology has a way of seizing long-held ideas and entrenched industries and turning them upside-down.
The free apps you can't live without.
More than a year ago, I wrote a column called "Why the iPhone will change the (PC) world." In that piece I described how the user interface of future operating systems -- the next-generation Windows, OS X and Linux UIs -- will have iPhone-like elemen...
In the US, Morrisville State College's deployment of 802.11n WLAN has been covered in an attempt to study the challenges facing early enterprise adopters of 11n.
Not convinced that superfast 802.11n Wi-Fi is for you? Allow us to persuade you.
Having an RFID tag in your Nike shoes, or affixed to your license plate sticker, or even embedded in your driver's license may seem bizarre.
Early products and services that shift voice calls seamlessly between wireless LAN and cellular networks are proving themselves to enterprise users.
Easy-to-implement strategies for staying connected and secure on a home or public Wi-Fi network.
A rare large-scale, wireless LAN stress test using three vendors' equipment found many WLANs could run into a performance ceiling as they grow in size and traffic. The study's authors say the problem lies not with the vendors' gear but with the desig...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- The Good Guys take serious aim at ASX listing
- Google Daydreams about VR, and enterprises take note
- Microsoft pledges to use more renewable energy in its data centers
- Google's mobile productivity apps bury Microsoft's
- Cybercriminals are increasingly embracing a sophisticated business-model approach
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - AngularNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- CCPMO SupportQLD
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- CCProject Manager - Business IntelligenceVIC
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCProject Manager - HFCVIC
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (Sharepoint, CRM, MS Dynamics)ACT
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC