For some of us, it's that magical time of year. Better than the summer holidays, better than Father's or Mother's Day -- even better than your own birthday.
Mobility & Wireless
If there's one thing the digital revolution has taught us, it's that we shouldn't get too attached to anything. Technology has a way of seizing long-held ideas and entrenched industries and turning them upside-down.
The free apps you can't live without.
More than a year ago, I wrote a column called "Why the iPhone will change the (PC) world." In that piece I described how the user interface of future operating systems -- the next-generation Windows, OS X and Linux UIs -- will have iPhone-like elemen...
In the US, Morrisville State College's deployment of 802.11n WLAN has been covered in an attempt to study the challenges facing early enterprise adopters of 11n.
Not convinced that superfast 802.11n Wi-Fi is for you? Allow us to persuade you.
Having an RFID tag in your Nike shoes, or affixed to your license plate sticker, or even embedded in your driver's license may seem bizarre.
Early products and services that shift voice calls seamlessly between wireless LAN and cellular networks are proving themselves to enterprise users.
Easy-to-implement strategies for staying connected and secure on a home or public Wi-Fi network.
A rare large-scale, wireless LAN stress test using three vendors' equipment found many WLANs could run into a performance ceiling as they grow in size and traffic. The study's authors say the problem lies not with the vendors' gear but with the desig...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- SanDisk builds tougher flash for IoT devices
- It's official: HP will break itself in two
- Seagate launches 4TB portable drive with wireless smartphone backup
- Planned new USB connector will fit both ways
- Toshiba offers to buy failed SSD maker OCZ
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCImplementation AnalystNSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- FTSenior Project AnalystVIC
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTTest Analyst, Finance Software SolutionsNSW
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCBilling Assistant / AdministrationACT
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW