For some of us, it's that magical time of year. Better than the summer holidays, better than Father's or Mother's Day -- even better than your own birthday.
Mobility & Wireless
If there's one thing the digital revolution has taught us, it's that we shouldn't get too attached to anything. Technology has a way of seizing long-held ideas and entrenched industries and turning them upside-down.
The free apps you can't live without.
More than a year ago, I wrote a column called "Why the iPhone will change the (PC) world." In that piece I described how the user interface of future operating systems -- the next-generation Windows, OS X and Linux UIs -- will have iPhone-like elemen...
In the US, Morrisville State College's deployment of 802.11n WLAN has been covered in an attempt to study the challenges facing early enterprise adopters of 11n.
Not convinced that superfast 802.11n Wi-Fi is for you? Allow us to persuade you.
Having an RFID tag in your Nike shoes, or affixed to your license plate sticker, or even embedded in your driver's license may seem bizarre.
Early products and services that shift voice calls seamlessly between wireless LAN and cellular networks are proving themselves to enterprise users.
Easy-to-implement strategies for staying connected and secure on a home or public Wi-Fi network.
A rare large-scale, wireless LAN stress test using three vendors' equipment found many WLANs could run into a performance ceiling as they grow in size and traffic. The study's authors say the problem lies not with the vendors' gear but with the desig...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LinkedIn ProFinder helps freelancers land jobs
- What you need to do to stop data from leaving with exiting employees
- As Zika looms, a question arises: Who gets to telecommute?
- Surveys suss out Windows 10 enterprise migration timelines
- Facebook battles to banish News Feed clickbait
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/JP/709Asia
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- CCContract Senior Web Developer (PHP/Drupal/JAVA) 160808/SWD/vtdAsia
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCJava DeveloperACT