Most of us take it for granted that we can check e-mail with our mobile phones. But not long ago, this was a truly disruptive technology that changed how we did business and stayed in touch when we were away from home and the office.
Mobility & Wireless
Japan's largest electronics show, Ceatec, kicks off October every year with all that's new and coming from the country's consumer electronics vendors. The 2007 show was certainly no let down and provided visitors a chance to catch some world-first te...
Some IT executives might have been alarmed when Gartner predicted that by next year 10 percent of companies will require employees to purchase and maintain their own notebooks and other devices. But for Bill Leo, CIO of Oliver Wyman Delta Organizatio...
Last month's WiMax World 2007 conference in Chicago was filled with old-fashioned technology optimism, featuring twice as many vendors and visitors as the previous year's event along with new details of Sprint Nextel's nationwide Xohm WiMax rollout a...
One of the most frustrating aspects of being an IT professional who is required to be on call to respond to emerging support issues has long been the lack of flexibility available to these employees when trying to balance work with their home lives.
The concrete and plaster in his Rathdrum, Idaho, house blocks Wi-Fi signals. But computer consultant Marc Schoenberg found a way to network the six devices in his house without stringing Ethernet cables: He uses powerline adapters.
It's the ideal coffee shop toy for music lovers: A wireless media player that connects directly to an online music service. Besides the usual playback capabilities, the device's built-in Wi-Fi enables you to play Internet radio. If you hear a song yo...
They can send a man to the moon (or at least they could 40 years ago). Why can't they make a tiny computer people want to buy?
Bad guys don't target just big, corporate networks. If you have a Wi-Fi network at home or in a small office, intruders may be after you, such as casual "war drivers" who troll city streets, looking for unprotected wireless networks.
We all know that in the technology world, the hype about new products often doesn't match reality. So it's fair to ask: Is the iPhone as good as its hype? In particular, does iPhone's much-discussed touch-screen interface really make using the device...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
- Start-up sells a stamp-sized Linux server for $5
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- IBM targets x86 server territory with new Power servers
- As Dell and HPE revamp, Lenovo sets sights on enterprise cloud servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- CCWebpage Designer - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTProject ManagerSA
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantSA
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- CCResident Engineer - Nexus 2K, 5K, 7K & 9KNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- CCSenior Project Specialist - SchedulingVIC
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- CCBuild and Release ManagerNSW
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- CC.Net Sitecore DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Architect, Markets and ProductsNSW
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia