Japan's largest electronics show, Ceatec, kicks off October every year with all that's new and coming from the country's consumer electronics vendors. The 2007 show was certainly no let down and provided visitors a chance to catch some world-first te...
Mobility & Wireless
Some IT executives might have been alarmed when Gartner predicted that by next year 10 percent of companies will require employees to purchase and maintain their own notebooks and other devices. But for Bill Leo, CIO of Oliver Wyman Delta Organizatio...
Last month's WiMax World 2007 conference in Chicago was filled with old-fashioned technology optimism, featuring twice as many vendors and visitors as the previous year's event along with new details of Sprint Nextel's nationwide Xohm WiMax rollout a...
One of the most frustrating aspects of being an IT professional who is required to be on call to respond to emerging support issues has long been the lack of flexibility available to these employees when trying to balance work with their home lives.
The concrete and plaster in his Rathdrum, Idaho, house blocks Wi-Fi signals. But computer consultant Marc Schoenberg found a way to network the six devices in his house without stringing Ethernet cables: He uses powerline adapters.
It's the ideal coffee shop toy for music lovers: A wireless media player that connects directly to an online music service. Besides the usual playback capabilities, the device's built-in Wi-Fi enables you to play Internet radio. If you hear a song yo...
They can send a man to the moon (or at least they could 40 years ago). Why can't they make a tiny computer people want to buy?
Bad guys don't target just big, corporate networks. If you have a Wi-Fi network at home or in a small office, intruders may be after you, such as casual "war drivers" who troll city streets, looking for unprotected wireless networks.
We all know that in the technology world, the hype about new products often doesn't match reality. So it's fair to ask: Is the iPhone as good as its hype? In particular, does iPhone's much-discussed touch-screen interface really make using the device...
While drivers are accustomed to using traffic reports to assess road conditions, pedestrians who navigate cities are typically left without aid to determine the best route. But researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology using wikis and ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Dick Smith shareholders left out in the cold
- Corporate “No-Cloud” policy in 2020 will be as rare as a “No-Internet” policy today
- A UK 'Brexit' may have a sunny side for tech
- Top legal tips for startups in the digital space
- Google goes after SharePoint with new enterprise tools
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- CCMulesoft Integration DeveloperWA
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCSystem Engineer (DevOps)WA
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTInfrastructure/Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW