While drivers are accustomed to using traffic reports to assess road conditions, pedestrians who navigate cities are typically left without aid to determine the best route. But researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology using wikis and ...
Mobility & Wireless
Is the advent of the 802.11n wireless standard the "end of Ethernet" -- at least in terms of client access to the LAN?"
Industry experts maintain that many business applications vendors are still struggling to successfully port their tools to mobile handsets. But some software makers claim that by partnering with wireless specialists to develop their systems, they are...
New or emerging wireless and mobile companies continue to be a fountain of innovation, as our selection this year shows.
Adidas has deployed 800 BlackBerries to its salesforce so staff can send and receive e-mail on the go. Now the athletic-wear company is finding new uses for its fleet of mobile devices.
The old carnival freak show is dead and gone (or has at least moved to reality television and daytime talk shows). But in our hearts, we still long to gawk at the strange and the bizarre.
We'll show you how to spruce up your handset so that it rivals an iPhone.
Mobile security threats are a relatively minor annoyance to a handful of users in Europe and Asia. However, conditions are rapidly ripening for these threats to start overwhelming both companies and individual users in North America.
If you're wondering what fourth-generation wireless deployments and services mean to you, you're not alone.
The fact that the market for Bluetooth access points went nowhere five years ago hasn't stopped Germany's Anycom from recently introducing a new one with a power and range that far eclipses previous entrants.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Despite concerns, analysts expect an OK for AT&T-Time Warner deal
- DNA testing for jobs may be on its way, warns Gartner
- Gartner: A.I. to become a top business investment priority
- Thanks to Facebook, voter registrations surge
- Google Photos begins creating animations from videos, gets smarter about fixing sideways pictures
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCIT Continuity Manager / Disaster Recovery ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Engineer - BankingQLD
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- CCSenior System EngineerACT
- CCTest Engineer - .NETNSW
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Microsoft TechnologiesNSW
- CCTest Analyst : AutomationNSW
- CCBusiness Process AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Perl Developer | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTSenior Wintel System EngineerWA
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW