Is the advent of the 802.11n wireless standard the "end of Ethernet" -- at least in terms of client access to the LAN?"
Mobility & Wireless
Industry experts maintain that many business applications vendors are still struggling to successfully port their tools to mobile handsets. But some software makers claim that by partnering with wireless specialists to develop their systems, they are...
New or emerging wireless and mobile companies continue to be a fountain of innovation, as our selection this year shows.
Adidas has deployed 800 BlackBerries to its salesforce so staff can send and receive e-mail on the go. Now the athletic-wear company is finding new uses for its fleet of mobile devices.
The old carnival freak show is dead and gone (or has at least moved to reality television and daytime talk shows). But in our hearts, we still long to gawk at the strange and the bizarre.
We'll show you how to spruce up your handset so that it rivals an iPhone.
Mobile security threats are a relatively minor annoyance to a handful of users in Europe and Asia. However, conditions are rapidly ripening for these threats to start overwhelming both companies and individual users in North America.
If you're wondering what fourth-generation wireless deployments and services mean to you, you're not alone.
The fact that the market for Bluetooth access points went nowhere five years ago hasn't stopped Germany's Anycom from recently introducing a new one with a power and range that far eclipses previous entrants.
Scads of acronyms and technologies cloud the crystal ball used to predict the future of wireless broadband. But look closer, and two things become abundantly clear.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- iiNet founder Michael Malone joins NBN board
- Apple Pay: 42 percent of people don’t feel secure using it
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
- How do you stop patent trolls? This algorithm just might do the trick
- Get ready for your new co-worker – the robot
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia