Although Sweden's reputation for extremely generous social welfare services is somewhat exaggerated, the country is at the forefront of using IT and telecommunications to help the elderly and disabled remain as autonomous as possible. This allows tho...
Mobility & Wireless
Without a doubt, the most influential factor driving the current state of IT security is the ubiquitous presence of Microsoft's dominant Windows operating system on a vast majority of the world's PCs.
The concept of enterprise mobility has been maturing for years, but large companies are only just beginning to get their hands around wireless technologies, according to the latest report from Forrester Research.
At a time when news of advanced technologies seems dominated by the likes of robots, nanogadgets and supercomputers on a chip, the subject of radio might seem a tad boring. But software-defined radios and cognitive radios hold promise for making our ...
Tony Soprano's dislike of computers is well-known, but in 2007, it's hard to keep a business running without one. (Another argument for creator David Chase ending the show after five seasons, but too late now.) Tony knows that yesterday's bookie can'...
Cell phones and other flashy wireless devices took center stage at the CTIA Wireless 2007 show, but there was still plenty of cool stuff for enterprises and business users. Here's
As a mobile TV service from one major U.S. carrier gets rolling, vendors at the CTIA Wireless show this week in Orlando, Florida, will be highlighting video as a key emerging technology to make the mobile experience -- and service providers -- richer...
My heart sank when I first saw Al Gore pull out his BlackBerry. It was in the waning weeks of the 2000 US presidential campaign, and there he was on the TV, tapping away on his then-novel converged device. Though I had no evidence, I was positive th...
The recurring topic of RFID security flaws has been making headlines again lately. But unlike new e-mail viruses or Internet worms that demand the immediate attention of the IT department, this threat isn't a front-burner security issue...at least no...
Wi-Fi hot spots in airports, restaurants, cafes and even downtown locations have turned Internet access into an always-on, ubiquitous experience. Unfortunately, that also means always-on, ubiquitous security risks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
- FCC votes for strict new broadband privacy rules
- Google simplifies VR content embeds with new VR view tool
- Atlassian president on IPO - 'We're overjoyed'
- After 10 years of profitability, Atlassian steps up for an IPO
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCTest Execution ManagerVIC
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW
- CCProgram Technical Director- Migration to SAP HR PayrollNSW
- CCApplication Packaging ExpertVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCSnr Technology Analyst Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCSenior Oracle Functional ConsultantSA
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCSenior IT Tester / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW