GPS stands for Global Positioning System. The system is made up of more than two dozen satellites that orbit the Earth. A GPS receiver can use these satellites to pinpoint your location, usually to an accuracy of 10m or better.
Mobility & Wireless
You’ve probably heard about the latest notebook craze: mini-laptops called netbooks. Netbooks are small and not very powerful laptops that can be used for basic tasks such as word processing, watching videos, listening to music, browsing the Internet...
With the current financial year drawing nearer to a close, retail stores everywhere are proclaiming offering massive savings. Although most new mobile phones are sold as part of a contract plan, there are plenty of bargains and special deals popping ...
As technology and communications begin to converge, the focus is increasingly placed upon multifunction devices, such as the modern smartphone.
With more bandwidth and endless multimedia possibilities, 3G mobile phones are leaving 2G in the dust.
If you have multiple computers around the home or office and want to network them together to share an ADSL Internet connection then this guide is for you.
Want to get your life in order? Then a personal digital assistant (PDA) could be the right product for you.
They're everywhere and everyone has them. So unless you want to remain in the dark ages, check out our buyer's guide to Mobile Phones.
Digital video editing on your computer has come a long way. Home movies are simple and even advanced features are at most users fingertips.
Follow this guide to learn everything about wireless networking. Whether you're connecting to a wireless hotspot or sending data from your PC to a handheld computer we have all the tips you need to get the most out of this technology.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Extreme swallows Zebra’s WLAN biz for $55 million
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- CCManager of Pricing and AnalyticsVIC
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTProject Manager - Intelligent Transport SolutionsNSW
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Project Specialist - SchedulingVIC
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- FTSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 161026/AP/632Asia
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- CCTest Lead with HP ALMACT
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT