Qualcomm and competitor MediaTek are working on chipsets that will open the door for LTE in low-cost smartphones and tablets, allowing people all over the world to benefit from the higher speeds it offers.
Mobility & Wireless
Home appliances, cars and computers could soon be talking to one another thanks to an open source framework that has the backing of consumer electronics manufacturers in a new industry alliance.
More powerful processors will allow smartphone vendors to turn their high-end models into gaming consoles, but slower growth will also force them to focus more on improving their less expensive products next year.
Apple's iPhone could be getting a step closer to being officially offered on China's largest mobile network, after the nation's government finally issued 4G licenses to operate LTE TDD networks in the country.
If you are tired of carrying around an e-reader and a smartphone, the dual-screen YotaPhone, which went on sale in Europe on Wednesday, might be for you.
Windows tablets will gain market share in the coming years, but not fast enough to challenge the dominance of Google's Android and Apple's iOS, IDC said on Tuesday.
BlackBerry has upgraded its management platform Enterprise Server 10 (BES10) with more features for managing Android and iOS smartphones and has also improved scalability to lower overall costs.
Hewlett-Packard's latest Android tablets with multiple screen sizes are available through the company's website.
Nokia has started shipping two new low-end touch-screen phones running its own Asha software platform. It hopes they will allow it to compete more effectively with cheap Android-based products.
Nokia is hoping that availability of its low-end Lumia 525 in countries like China and Russia will soon give its smartphone sales a boost.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
- Google buys maker of fascinating, creepy robots
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- FTIT Support Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD