A South Korean court on Thursday ruled against Samsung Electronics in a lawsuit that threatened to ban older iPhone and iPad models in the country for alleged patent infringement.
Mobility & Wireless
Qualcomm and competitor MediaTek are working on chipsets that will open the door for LTE in low-cost smartphones and tablets, allowing people all over the world to benefit from the higher speeds it offers.
Home appliances, cars and computers could soon be talking to one another thanks to an open source framework that has the backing of consumer electronics manufacturers in a new industry alliance.
More powerful processors will allow smartphone vendors to turn their high-end models into gaming consoles, but slower growth will also force them to focus more on improving their less expensive products next year.
Apple's iPhone could be getting a step closer to being officially offered on China's largest mobile network, after the nation's government finally issued 4G licenses to operate LTE TDD networks in the country.
If you are tired of carrying around an e-reader and a smartphone, the dual-screen YotaPhone, which went on sale in Europe on Wednesday, might be for you.
Windows tablets will gain market share in the coming years, but not fast enough to challenge the dominance of Google's Android and Apple's iOS, IDC said on Tuesday.
BlackBerry has upgraded its management platform Enterprise Server 10 (BES10) with more features for managing Android and iOS smartphones and has also improved scalability to lower overall costs.
Hewlett-Packard's latest Android tablets with multiple screen sizes are available through the company's website.
Nokia has started shipping two new low-end touch-screen phones running its own Asha software platform. It hopes they will allow it to compete more effectively with cheap Android-based products.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCNetApp Storage Specialist required to join global company in SydneyNSW
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- TPTraining ManagerVIC
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- FTPre-Sales Consultant - HardwareVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- CCGraduate Web DeveloperWA
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 161026/AP/632Asia
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationVIC
- FTIT Operations Manager / IT Business ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Support OfficerWA
- FTTechnical Services EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- CCScrum Master/ Agile CoachVIC
- FTiOS Developer - PermanentWA
- CCArcher ConsultantNSW
- CCBuild and Release ManagerNSW
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD