The Nexus One "superphone" revolution appears to be experiencing some backlash. Google's Nexus One has been available for less than a week, yet customers and developers are already amassing a growing list of issues and complaints.
Mobility & Wireless
The Nexus is raising quite the ruckus. From the squabble over the device's name to complaints over poor 3G performance and subpar support, Google's first foray into phone sales is taking some unfortunate twists.
The Google Nexus One, Motorola Droid, and the iPhone have been put to the test to find out which smartphone has a better touchscreen. But despite overall more capable hardware, the iPhone still has a better display, it has been revealed in a recent t...
Suspicious applications that may have stolen users' online banking credentials have appeared on the Android Market, the Google-run app store for its mobile operating system.
Nokia CEO Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo called on smartphone application developers to turn their attention to emerging countries, highlighting the vast business potential in these markets and the opportunity to improve the lives of the billions of people liv...
Symbian Foundation, responsible for development of the Symbian mobile OS, is readying its Symbian^3 and Symbian^4 versions of the platform, with version 3 likely to be feature-complete next month, a Symbian blogger said this week.
Truphone has unveiled a new app for mobile phones running Google's Android platform, that allows users to make voice over IP (VoIP) calls.
Toshiba plans to release Transformers accessories
Mary Lou Jepsen and her team at start-up Pixel Qi have their display-screen technology in several products being shown at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) and plan to put a DIY (do it yourself) screen kit on the market early this yea...
Microsoft doesn't have a business model problem in the mobile market, but its phones are skewed toward business users at the expense of consumers and are not as modern as they need to be, Robbie Bach, president of Microsoft's entertainment and device...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
- Google buys maker of fascinating, creepy robots
- 2013: The year in numbers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCSAP Test ManagerSA
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Loyalty SystemsNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst |Telecommunications / DigitalNSW