MagicJack is demonstrating a device near the International Consumer Electronics Show this week that it claims will let consumers make VoIP calls using any GSM phone.
Mobility & Wireless
Micro-Star International (MSI) unveiled two prototype dual-screen netbooks at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas on Thursday: a model with two 7-inch screens and another with two 10-inch screens.
Asustek Computer showed off its new 'wave' design concept in a few devices on Thursday at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), including a concept netbook that unfolds into a tablet PC and a 47-inch LED TV.
Intel on Thursday showed the first smartphone based on its upcoming Moorestown platform for mobile devices.
A recent patent filing by Apple shows the company is developing a way to create thinner, brighter touchscreens for its laptop and mobile devices, such as iPhone smartphones.
Apple may not see a need to add support for Adobe Systems' Flash multimedia software to a smartphone, but other handset makers do and plan to release software updates soon.
Samsung is showing four new e-readers in its booth at the International Consumer Electronics Show, two more than it announced at an earlier press conference.
Zomm hopes to slash the number of smartphones lost each year with the launch of what it describes as the world's first wireless leash for mobile phones.
Plastic Logic unveiled its long-promised Que e-reader for business professionals today at the International CES trade show.
Palm opened up its WebOS developer program to the public on Thursday, saying it expects to see a flood of new applications developed for the mobile OS.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
- Google buys maker of fascinating, creepy robots
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW