Google today announced the Nexus One, a new HTC phone that showcases the latest version of the Android mobile operating system--Android 2.1. Google also announced today a new smartphone marketplace where consumers can buy phones and service plans, an...
Mobility & Wireless
MIPS Technologies continues its push to use Google's Android mobile OS in a range of products with plans to show off the first Android-based set-top boxes and netbooks at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas this week.
Holy App Store! Apple is bragging that more than 3 billion apps for its iPhone and iPod Touch have been downloaded since the store opened on July 10, 2008. That's a lot of Super Monkey Balls, Facebook, and Google Earth Apple app downloads.
Apple appears to be getting into the mobile advertising business, through a rumored purchase of Quattro Wireless for US$275 million. This is about a third of what Google hopes to pay for competitor AdMob, if the feds don't end up blocking that deal.
Mobile phone maker Nokia has filed a new U.S. lawsuit accusing Apple of patent infringement, according to court documents, escalating the legal battle between the companies.
Micro-Star International (MSI) plans to show off a netbook with dual 10-inch touchscreen displays, one meant for computing and the other for reading e-books, at the International Consumer Electronics Show this week in Las Vegas.
Apple Tuesday said that more than 3 billion apps have been downloaded from its App Store by iPhone and iPod touch users.
Perhaps as interesting as describing Google's Nexus One, unveiled on Tuesday, is examining what the phone isn't.
Three years after rumors of a Google phone first surfaced, the search giant has taken the wraps off its own branded and designed mobile phone, the Nexus One.
An early review of Google's Nexus One smartphone published Saturday on Engadget.com concluded that the device is "not really" an iPhone killer.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTJava Full Stack DeveloerQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Big Data/ HadoopVIC
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- CCRecruitment ConsultantVIC
- FTInfrastructure AnalystQLD
- CCField EngineerVIC
- TPSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTHelp Desk Support Engineer - Finance/TradingNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- FTCustomer Support/Helpdesk Support SpecialistQLD
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperVIC
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- TPBusiness Improvement and Change ManagerQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerVIC
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- TPApplications Project ManagerQLD
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI Designer (Mobile)NSW