MIPS Technologies continues its push to use Google's Android mobile OS in a range of products with plans to show off the first Android-based set-top boxes and netbooks at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas this week.
Mobility & Wireless
Holy App Store! Apple is bragging that more than 3 billion apps for its iPhone and iPod Touch have been downloaded since the store opened on July 10, 2008. That's a lot of Super Monkey Balls, Facebook, and Google Earth Apple app downloads.
Apple appears to be getting into the mobile advertising business, through a rumored purchase of Quattro Wireless for US$275 million. This is about a third of what Google hopes to pay for competitor AdMob, if the feds don't end up blocking that deal.
Mobile phone maker Nokia has filed a new U.S. lawsuit accusing Apple of patent infringement, according to court documents, escalating the legal battle between the companies.
Micro-Star International (MSI) plans to show off a netbook with dual 10-inch touchscreen displays, one meant for computing and the other for reading e-books, at the International Consumer Electronics Show this week in Las Vegas.
Apple Tuesday said that more than 3 billion apps have been downloaded from its App Store by iPhone and iPod touch users.
Perhaps as interesting as describing Google's Nexus One, unveiled on Tuesday, is examining what the phone isn't.
Three years after rumors of a Google phone first surfaced, the search giant has taken the wraps off its own branded and designed mobile phone, the Nexus One.
An early review of Google's Nexus One smartphone published Saturday on Engadget.com concluded that the device is "not really" an iPhone killer.
Apple doesn't want you to use them, but the following 21 apps today run only on jailbroken iPhones.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Yahoo abandons fight, sells internet business to Verizon for US$4.8B
- LinkedIn claims Rocket Data beats Apple's iOS caching
- IDC: Smartwatch sales decline for the first time
- Consumer Office 365 subscription growth slows
- Google's DeepMind A.I. can slash data center power use 40%
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystVIC
- FTAEM & AEM Forms ConsultantsWA
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- CCIncident ManagerSA
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW