Just as the rumours of a pricey Apple tablet computer have reached a high-water mark Freescale Semiconductor on Monday showcased reference designs of an affordable, lightweight tablet computer, which is set to hit the market later this year.
Mobility & Wireless
Mophie will unveil a credit card reader for the Apple iPhone at CES this week.
The company that owned the trademark "i-phone" in China yielded it to Apple, the Web site of China's trademark office shows, removing what could have become a legal roadblock for the similarly named iPhone there.
Thinner laptops, 3D television and e-book readers are expected to be among the highlights of this year's International Consumer Electronics Show that begins in Las Vegas on Thursday.
A "monstrous" jump in demand for Android-equipped smartphones has turned the market upside down, a retail pollster said today.
LG Electronics has developed handheld terminals compatible with the U.S. mobile digital TV format and will show them at next week's International Consumer Electronics Show, it said Thursday.
Speculation continues to rev up that the mysterious Apple tablet is coming soon. More reports are saying that the Cupertino company has planned a "big" event for January 26th, and all signs point to the event as a launch for the mythical Apple tablet...
The U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) has decided to investigate separate complaints made against Sharp and Research In Motion (RIM) that each allege the companies are infringing patents held by the complainants.
Computer security researchers say that the GSM phones used by the majority of the world's mobile-phone users can be listened in on with just a few thousand dollars worth of hardware and some free open-source tools.
Steve Jobs plans to unveil Apple's much-hyped but still unconfirmed tablet device next month, and it will come with 3D graphics and a price tag below US$1000, according to former Google China president Kai-Fu Lee.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
- Microsoft plants flagship store on Sydney’s Pitt Street
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Military jets, subs, bases and networksACT
- CCRisk and Quality Assurance AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Process Analyst - Supply ChainVIC
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCIBM InfoSphere ConsultantACT
- CCService EngineerVIC
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW