Leaked pictures and specifications of a Motorola tablet running Google Android have been doing the rounds online this weekend. The mysterious 3G device has a large display and will run a full suite of Google applications.
Mobility & Wireless
Businesses considering Android as a corporate handset standard should consider the decision carefully, because it may prove hard to justify later on.
Intel’s Atom N450 processor (otherwise known as Intel’s Pine Trail platform) makes its debut in MSI’s latest Wind netbook offering. The MSI Wind U130 and the MSI Wind Special Edition Millions U135 will feature the new CPU platform, which has a graphi...
It's a throwback to the old arcade games based on The Simpsons in the 1990s, but it's on a very new platform.
Apple's iPhone user base is now the second-largest in the U.S. smartphone market, passing Windows Mobile-based models to slip into the spot behind Research In Motion's (RIM) BlackBerry, research firm comScore said today.
Google is providing developers with a dashboard that is aimed at helping them decide which versions of the software to support and that shows the fragmentation of the Android platform.
Ericsson has demonstrated one part of the technology that will make speeds of up to 42 Mbps (bits per second) possible in 3G networks. However, a lot of work remains before services can be launched.
Google's mobile app store, the Android Market, has doubled in size in the last five months, and now hosts more than 20,000 applications, according to unofficial numbers from specialist portal AndroLib.
Even if Google employees have kept mum about Nexus One specifics, ROM hackers have been able to dig deep into the phone's system files to reveal the list of hardware we can expect from the Nexus One.
Those who want a little less Google on their iPhones will soon be able to put a lot more Bing on their handsets. Microsoft is prepping a Bing iPhone app for immediate release via Apple's App Store to give iPhone users a Google alternative.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
- Google buys maker of fascinating, creepy robots
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCIT Desktop Support- Travelling in NSW requiredNSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCSalesforce Project ManagerQLD
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia