Companies are starting to let employees use privately owned notebook computers for work purposes, according to a Gartner Inc. survey of 500 IT managers in the U.S., U.K. and Germany.
Mobility & Wireless
Leaked pictures and specifications of a Motorola tablet running Google Android have been doing the rounds online this weekend. The mysterious 3G device has a large display and will run a full suite of Google applications.
Businesses considering Android as a corporate handset standard should consider the decision carefully, because it may prove hard to justify later on.
Intel’s Atom N450 processor (otherwise known as Intel’s Pine Trail platform) makes its debut in MSI’s latest Wind netbook offering. The MSI Wind U130 and the MSI Wind Special Edition Millions U135 will feature the new CPU platform, which has a graphi...
It's a throwback to the old arcade games based on The Simpsons in the 1990s, but it's on a very new platform.
Apple's iPhone user base is now the second-largest in the U.S. smartphone market, passing Windows Mobile-based models to slip into the spot behind Research In Motion's (RIM) BlackBerry, research firm comScore said today.
Google is providing developers with a dashboard that is aimed at helping them decide which versions of the software to support and that shows the fragmentation of the Android platform.
Ericsson has demonstrated one part of the technology that will make speeds of up to 42 Mbps (bits per second) possible in 3G networks. However, a lot of work remains before services can be launched.
Google's mobile app store, the Android Market, has doubled in size in the last five months, and now hosts more than 20,000 applications, according to unofficial numbers from specialist portal AndroLib.
Even if Google employees have kept mum about Nexus One specifics, ROM hackers have been able to dig deep into the phone's system files to reveal the list of hardware we can expect from the Nexus One.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Trump administration threatens net neutrality, cloud and IoT
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- How to get a word count with Microsoft Office for iPad
- Twitter gets new product head and team from app startup Yes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- FTLife/400 Testers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- TPData AnalystVIC
- TPSharePoint DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW