Companies are starting to let employees use privately owned notebook computers for work purposes, according to a Gartner Inc. survey of 500 IT managers in the U.S., U.K. and Germany.
Mobility & Wireless
Leaked pictures and specifications of a Motorola tablet running Google Android have been doing the rounds online this weekend. The mysterious 3G device has a large display and will run a full suite of Google applications.
Businesses considering Android as a corporate handset standard should consider the decision carefully, because it may prove hard to justify later on.
Intel’s Atom N450 processor (otherwise known as Intel’s Pine Trail platform) makes its debut in MSI’s latest Wind netbook offering. The MSI Wind U130 and the MSI Wind Special Edition Millions U135 will feature the new CPU platform, which has a graphi...
It's a throwback to the old arcade games based on The Simpsons in the 1990s, but it's on a very new platform.
Apple's iPhone user base is now the second-largest in the U.S. smartphone market, passing Windows Mobile-based models to slip into the spot behind Research In Motion's (RIM) BlackBerry, research firm comScore said today.
Google is providing developers with a dashboard that is aimed at helping them decide which versions of the software to support and that shows the fragmentation of the Android platform.
Ericsson has demonstrated one part of the technology that will make speeds of up to 42 Mbps (bits per second) possible in 3G networks. However, a lot of work remains before services can be launched.
Google's mobile app store, the Android Market, has doubled in size in the last five months, and now hosts more than 20,000 applications, according to unofficial numbers from specialist portal AndroLib.
Even if Google employees have kept mum about Nexus One specifics, ROM hackers have been able to dig deep into the phone's system files to reveal the list of hardware we can expect from the Nexus One.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- These are the 3 big reveals from Microsoft's Surface event
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
- Despite concerns, analysts expect an OK for AT&T-Time Warner deal
- DNA testing for jobs may be on its way, warns Gartner
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCWintel Technical LeadVIC
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceSA
- CCBusiness Case Developer - GovernmentNSW
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- TPJunior Business AnalystQLD
- CCInformatica LeadNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- FTHead of Information and Digital Technology at Taronga ZooNSW
- FTPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCDatacenter EngineerNSW
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCMicrosoft AX Support AnalystsQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Services EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Middleware SpecialistNSW
- FTImplementation Consultant SydneyNSW
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC