Leaked pictures and specifications of a Motorola tablet running Google Android have been doing the rounds online this weekend. The mysterious 3G device has a large display and will run a full suite of Google applications.
Mobility & Wireless
Businesses considering Android as a corporate handset standard should consider the decision carefully, because it may prove hard to justify later on.
Intel’s Atom N450 processor (otherwise known as Intel’s Pine Trail platform) makes its debut in MSI’s latest Wind netbook offering. The MSI Wind U130 and the MSI Wind Special Edition Millions U135 will feature the new CPU platform, which has a graphi...
It's a throwback to the old arcade games based on The Simpsons in the 1990s, but it's on a very new platform.
Apple's iPhone user base is now the second-largest in the U.S. smartphone market, passing Windows Mobile-based models to slip into the spot behind Research In Motion's (RIM) BlackBerry, research firm comScore said today.
Google is providing developers with a dashboard that is aimed at helping them decide which versions of the software to support and that shows the fragmentation of the Android platform.
Ericsson has demonstrated one part of the technology that will make speeds of up to 42 Mbps (bits per second) possible in 3G networks. However, a lot of work remains before services can be launched.
Google's mobile app store, the Android Market, has doubled in size in the last five months, and now hosts more than 20,000 applications, according to unofficial numbers from specialist portal AndroLib.
Even if Google employees have kept mum about Nexus One specifics, ROM hackers have been able to dig deep into the phone's system files to reveal the list of hardware we can expect from the Nexus One.
Those who want a little less Google on their iPhones will soon be able to put a lot more Bing on their handsets. Microsoft is prepping a Bing iPhone app for immediate release via Apple's App Store to give iPhone users a Google alternative.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LinkedIn ProFinder helps freelancers land jobs
- What you need to do to stop data from leaving with exiting employees
- As Zika looms, a question arises: Who gets to telecommute?
- Surveys suss out Windows 10 enterprise migration timelines
- Facebook battles to banish News Feed clickbait
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC
- CCProject Manager - open source softwareACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160902/AP/625Asia
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCSAP IS Retail Functional LeadVIC
- FTStorage EngineerSA