Apple's iPhone user base is now the second-largest in the U.S. smartphone market, passing Windows Mobile-based models to slip into the spot behind Research In Motion's (RIM) BlackBerry, research firm comScore said today.
Mobility & Wireless
Google is providing developers with a dashboard that is aimed at helping them decide which versions of the software to support and that shows the fragmentation of the Android platform.
Ericsson has demonstrated one part of the technology that will make speeds of up to 42 Mbps (bits per second) possible in 3G networks. However, a lot of work remains before services can be launched.
Google's mobile app store, the Android Market, has doubled in size in the last five months, and now hosts more than 20,000 applications, according to unofficial numbers from specialist portal AndroLib.
Even if Google employees have kept mum about Nexus One specifics, ROM hackers have been able to dig deep into the phone's system files to reveal the list of hardware we can expect from the Nexus One.
Those who want a little less Google on their iPhones will soon be able to put a lot more Bing on their handsets. Microsoft is prepping a Bing iPhone app for immediate release via Apple's App Store to give iPhone users a Google alternative.
Amazon.com plans to release a new, free Kindle for BlackBerry mobile application in near future, according to the company's Kindle Web page. The online retailer didn't specify when exactly the app will be released, but its Kindle page currently shows...
Google's Nexus One smartphone is a shot across the bow of many entrenched competitors, enough to make us wonder whether Google has some master plan for world domination or has merely gone loopy.
Despite a lagging economy that continues to drag down the market, 2010 promises to be an exciting year in mobile, analysts say.
2009 was a blockbuster year financially for Apple but delivered some blows including a serious health problem for the company's beloved leader, Steve Jobs, attack from clone makers, and trouble with Google. We offer the Top 10 biggest stories for App...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 2 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 3 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 4 HTC One (M8s) review: Better value for money than HTC's flagship
- 5 ZTE Blade S6 review: A dual-SIM, 4G smartphone for less than $300
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Cryptolocker variant discovered targeting Australians
- Twitter gobbles up more cookies with retargeted ads, says users have privacy choices
- New Windows privilege escalation flaw exploited in active attacks
- Facebook says yes, your posts can be used for ads
- ATM malware may spread from Mexico to English-speaking world
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.