Despite a lagging economy that continues to drag down the market, 2010 promises to be an exciting year in mobile, analysts say.
Mobility & Wireless
2009 was a blockbuster year financially for Apple but delivered some blows including a serious health problem for the company's beloved leader, Steve Jobs, attack from clone makers, and trouble with Google. We offer the Top 10 biggest stories for App...
Broadcom on Tuesday highlighted mobile video and home networking in product announcements and a rosy business forecast while the company received good news about two former executives.
Microsoft has revealed that Windows Mobile 7 - the next version of its smartphone OS - is unlikely to be released until "late 2010".
A small fraction of teens have engaged in sexting, according to the Pew Internet and American Life Project, which spoke to 800 teens around the country. The nonprofit research group found that 15 percent of teens who own cell phones have received the...
Smartphones grabbed a smaller-than-expected part of overall mobile phone sales in 2009, and Nokia is largely to blame, according to market research company Gartner.
The wireless LAN industry nearly returned to its pre-recession health in the third quarter and is likely to achieve record revenue when the current quarter has been tallied, according research company Dell'Oro Group.
The early e-reader is feeling pressure from Nook and other upcoming devices.
Mobile operator TeliaSonera has launched the world's first commercial LTE (Long-Term Evolution) networks, in the central parts of Stockholm and Oslo, it said on Monday. The service will become available on Tuesday, and cost 599 Swedish kronor (US$84)...
Am I the only one that was underwhelmed when looking at the Google phone, codenamed Nexus One?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- SanDisk builds tougher flash for IoT devices
- It's official: HP will break itself in two
- Seagate launches 4TB portable drive with wireless smartphone backup
- Planned new USB connector will fit both ways
- Toshiba offers to buy failed SSD maker OCZ
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java, Oracle ADF) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT