Research In Motion (RIM) today announced the Australian launch of BlackBerry App World, the application store for BlackBerry smartphones. However, only free apps will be available at launch. Paid applications will be accessible at a later, to be advi...
Mobility & Wireless
The Wireless Gigabit Alliance has completed its specification for a technology to deliver as much as 7G bps (bits per second) over a very high unlicensed frequency band.
Backers of two competing specifications for delivering voice over LTE mobile data networks have heralded demonstrations in the past two days, while mobile giant Ericsson apparently dropped its support for one of the systems.
Nokia's plan to close flagship stores in New York and Chicago makes perfect sense.
Samsung has revealed a bit more about Bada, a new mobile phone platform that's supposed to bring apps to cheaper smartphones.
The popularity of Google's mobile operating system, Android, will continue to grow next year with as many as 30 new handsets from Taiwanese manufacturers, and more app contests by mobile network operators throughout Asia, a mobile network executive s...
Acer plans to launch as many as six new smartphones with Google's Android mobile operating system in the first half of next year, a company executive said Thursday.
The growing demand for online applications could push the number of mobile devices accessing the Internet past 1 billion by 2013, IDC said in a survey issued on Wednesday.
Although the wireless 802.11n standard has just recently been made official, IEEE has begun work on the next iteration of WiFi.
Apple may unveil a 10.1-in. tablet as early as March, a pair of Wall Street analysts said today.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Amazon will literally truck your data into its cloud
- New supercomputer will unite x86, Power9 and ARM chips
- AWS comes out swinging with A.I. services
- How Trump will attack the FCC's net neutrality rules
- San Francisco’s Muni transit system reportedly hit by ransomware
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCElectronic Medications Management Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- CCProject Manager / Senior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCPlatform Services EngineerNSW
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCActive Directory EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- TPChange ManagerQLD
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- CCService Design SpecialistNSW
- CCProject Manager DW BINSW
- CCExecutive AssistantACT
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT
- FTSenior Project Analyst, PMO, WealthNSW
- FTRegional Customer Relations Manager - APACQLD
- CCTechnical Security LeadNSW
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- TPSQL/BI DeveloperNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD