Research In Motion (RIM) today announced the Australian launch of BlackBerry App World, the application store for BlackBerry smartphones. However, only free apps will be available at launch. Paid applications will be accessible at a later, to be advi...
Mobility & Wireless
The Wireless Gigabit Alliance has completed its specification for a technology to deliver as much as 7G bps (bits per second) over a very high unlicensed frequency band.
Backers of two competing specifications for delivering voice over LTE mobile data networks have heralded demonstrations in the past two days, while mobile giant Ericsson apparently dropped its support for one of the systems.
Nokia's plan to close flagship stores in New York and Chicago makes perfect sense.
Samsung has revealed a bit more about Bada, a new mobile phone platform that's supposed to bring apps to cheaper smartphones.
The popularity of Google's mobile operating system, Android, will continue to grow next year with as many as 30 new handsets from Taiwanese manufacturers, and more app contests by mobile network operators throughout Asia, a mobile network executive s...
Acer plans to launch as many as six new smartphones with Google's Android mobile operating system in the first half of next year, a company executive said Thursday.
The growing demand for online applications could push the number of mobile devices accessing the Internet past 1 billion by 2013, IDC said in a survey issued on Wednesday.
Although the wireless 802.11n standard has just recently been made official, IEEE has begun work on the next iteration of WiFi.
Apple may unveil a 10.1-in. tablet as early as March, a pair of Wall Street analysts said today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- These are the 3 big reveals from Microsoft's Surface event
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
- Despite concerns, analysts expect an OK for AT&T-Time Warner deal
- DNA testing for jobs may be on its way, warns Gartner
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMultiple Permanent Project Manager rolesACT
- CCTechnical Consultant MS Dynamic AXQLD
- CCWCEM/ Java DeveloperACT
- FTApplication Support EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- FTApplication DeveloperWA
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- FTExcel SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness Process Mapping Analyst with holocentric expACT
- CCProgram ManagerACT
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCProject Manager - Regulatory ReportingNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTMid to senior Java Software EngineerNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceSA
- FTTechnical Services Engineer - Spanish speakingNSW
- TPICT Procurement OfficerQLD
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant - TelcoTAS
- CCSystems Engineer - Exchange 2010NSW
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- TPChange Management - Multi-stream transformationNSW
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW