The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has approved Apple's iPhone, clearing the way for the combined phone and music player to hit the shelves.
Mobility & Wireless
The Wi-Fi Alliance has launched its brand for fast Draft N Wi-Fi products, in advance of the final IEEE 802.11n standard, with the first products including an access point from Cisco that hasn't yet been formally announced.
Aventail SSL VPN gear now supports VPN security for smartphones based on the Windows Mobile operating system.
Developers were ushered into Microsoft's mobile world as the software vendor ramped up its enterprise focus at the Microsoft Mobile and Embedded DevCon 2007 (MEDC) in Sydney this week.
The Wi-Fi Alliance will begin interoperability testing in June to certify products that meet the faster 802.11n Draft 2.0 standard for wireless LANs.
Motorola announced the Razr2 mobile phone and five other mobile devices on Tuesday with hopes the products will turn around the company's slumping sales and defend its turf from Apple's iPhone.
Sun Microsystems, in its continual rollout of processors from its new Microelectronics division, is making a multithreaded chip for various embedded and mobile devices.
Australia may fall in the first-world category, but outside its major cities, there still exists a need for broadband infrastructure that is not dissimilar to the needs of developing nations China and India, according to Larry Marshall, managing dire...
Motorola Chairman and CEO Ed Zander says his company is ready for competition from Apple's iPhone, due out next month.
Sun Microsystems is collaborating with Ericsson to support development of Java-based server applications that can run on wireless networks. The announcement was made at the JavaOne 2007 conference Tuesday in San Francisco.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- SanDisk builds tougher flash for IoT devices
- It's official: HP will break itself in two
- Seagate launches 4TB portable drive with wireless smartphone backup
- Planned new USB connector will fit both ways
- Toshiba offers to buy failed SSD maker OCZ
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC