Sun Microsystems is collaborating with Ericsson to support development of Java-based server applications that can run on wireless networks. The announcement was made at the JavaOne 2007 conference Tuesday in San Francisco.
Mobility & Wireless
Research In Motion (RIM) will let developers create applications for BlackBerry phones using Microsoft's .Net programming environment, continuing its efforts to broaden the capabilities of the devices.
At a recent IT symposium at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, one area of study discussed was digitally augmented urban environments.
Intel's new generation of processors with 45-nanometer features will help it earn profits from rising demand for notebook PCs and to enter a nascent market segment called mobile Internet devices, the company's CEO said Thursday.
Research In Motion is taking its second stab at the high-end consumer market with the new BlackBerry Curve, even while Nokia unveils some of the least expensive handsets in its line-up.
Several mobile phone operators and equipment manufacturers have teamed to test high-speed LTE (Long-Term Evolution) mobile phone technology in a race to dominate next-generation wireless networks.
AMD introduced a new chipset for mobile computing on wireless networks in an attempt to get ahead of similar news expected soon from rival, Intel.
Next-generation high-speed wireless handsets are getting closer to having improved upload speeds.
Property group, McGrath Estate Agents, has developed Australia's first search criteria-based real estate podcast, allowing buyers to request properties based on their specific requirements which is then sent to their iPod.
Checkpoint Systems is rolling out a line of radio frequency identification (RFID) enabled labels that it boasts can be used to both support advanced inventory control and help catch shoplifters, allowing retailers to consolidate its use of the techno...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Largest DDoS attack ever delivered by botnet of hijacked IoT devices
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- Judge paves the way for British hacker's extradition to US
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Banks find big innovation payoff in hackathons
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA