New software from Research in Motion (RIM) will enable all BlackBerry wireless applications to run on smartphones from rival handset makers.
Mobility & Wireless
The BlackBerry network failure in the US last week was caused by a small bit of new code and a still unexplained problem in the network's failover process.
As of late Wednesday afternoon, U.S. Eastern Time, Research in Motion had offered no explanation for the cause of the BlackBerry e-mail service outage that affected users in North America.
A security researcher at Juniper Networks has developed a new form of attack that can be used to run unauthorized software on a wide range of computing devices, including routers and mobile phones.
Norwegian open source software company Trolltech has announced its first global contest for its Linux-based mobile phone platform, the Qtopia Greenphone Developer Challenge.
Dell has stopped selling its Axim handheld computer line, and will not discuss rumours of a gearing up to introduce a smart phone product possibly by buying Palm, according to a spokesperson.
Palm will unveil a platform before the end of 2007 that runs the Palm OS on top of a Linux kernel, allowing the company to improve the performance and stability of its handhelds and smartphones, CEO Ed Colligan said Tuesday.
The Wi-Fi security protocol WEP should not be relied on to protect sensitive material, according to three German security researchers who have discovered a faster way to crack it. They plan to demonstrate their findings at a security conference in Ha...
The biggest news from the recent CTIA Wireless 2007 show: After years of mostly talking about mobile applications and content, the industry is finally acting. And, lo and behold, Microsoft is positioned to cash in.
The NSW Department of Commerce has inked new statewide telecommunications agreements which it anticipates will save taxpayers $50 million a year and improve front-line service delivery.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
- Microsoft plants flagship store on Sydney’s Pitt Street
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW