The mobile phone industry has moved forward in its efforts to agree to a global standard for delivering secure services such as credit-card payments on handheld devices, according to an industry executive.
Mobility & Wireless
The next time you splurge on a double latte and sip it while browsing the Internet via the cafe's Wi-Fi, beware of the "evil twin."
New software from Research in Motion (RIM) will enable all BlackBerry wireless applications to run on smartphones from rival handset makers.
The BlackBerry network failure in the US last week was caused by a small bit of new code and a still unexplained problem in the network's failover process.
As of late Wednesday afternoon, U.S. Eastern Time, Research in Motion had offered no explanation for the cause of the BlackBerry e-mail service outage that affected users in North America.
A security researcher at Juniper Networks has developed a new form of attack that can be used to run unauthorized software on a wide range of computing devices, including routers and mobile phones.
Norwegian open source software company Trolltech has announced its first global contest for its Linux-based mobile phone platform, the Qtopia Greenphone Developer Challenge.
Dell has stopped selling its Axim handheld computer line, and will not discuss rumours of a gearing up to introduce a smart phone product possibly by buying Palm, according to a spokesperson.
Palm will unveil a platform before the end of 2007 that runs the Palm OS on top of a Linux kernel, allowing the company to improve the performance and stability of its handhelds and smartphones, CEO Ed Colligan said Tuesday.
The Wi-Fi security protocol WEP should not be relied on to protect sensitive material, according to three German security researchers who have discovered a faster way to crack it. They plan to demonstrate their findings at a security conference in Ha...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- CCUI/UX DesignerNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (HTML/PC LAN/XML) 160711/ITA/692Asia
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Temporary Fixed TermQLD
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- CCNetwork DesignerNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC