Verizon Wireless is hoping to appeal to the international business traveler -- a customer segment that it may have struggled to attract previously -- with a new BlackBerry designed to work around the world.
Mobility & Wireless
The mobile phone industry has moved forward in its efforts to agree to a global standard for delivering secure services such as credit-card payments on handheld devices, according to an industry executive.
The next time you splurge on a double latte and sip it while browsing the Internet via the cafe's Wi-Fi, beware of the "evil twin."
New software from Research in Motion (RIM) will enable all BlackBerry wireless applications to run on smartphones from rival handset makers.
The BlackBerry network failure in the US last week was caused by a small bit of new code and a still unexplained problem in the network's failover process.
As of late Wednesday afternoon, U.S. Eastern Time, Research in Motion had offered no explanation for the cause of the BlackBerry e-mail service outage that affected users in North America.
A security researcher at Juniper Networks has developed a new form of attack that can be used to run unauthorized software on a wide range of computing devices, including routers and mobile phones.
Norwegian open source software company Trolltech has announced its first global contest for its Linux-based mobile phone platform, the Qtopia Greenphone Developer Challenge.
Dell has stopped selling its Axim handheld computer line, and will not discuss rumours of a gearing up to introduce a smart phone product possibly by buying Palm, according to a spokesperson.
Palm will unveil a platform before the end of 2007 that runs the Palm OS on top of a Linux kernel, allowing the company to improve the performance and stability of its handhelds and smartphones, CEO Ed Colligan said Tuesday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Trump administration threatens net neutrality, cloud and IoT
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- How to get a word count with Microsoft Office for iPad
- Twitter gets new product head and team from app startup Yes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- TPICT - Contracts and Commercial AnalystQLD
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- FTJunior Software DeveloperQLD
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- CCSystem Engineer - AdelaideWA
- FTMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- TPTechnical WriterACT
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)Other
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- FTSDLC CoordinatorACT