The Wi-Fi security protocol WEP should not be relied on to protect sensitive material, according to three German security researchers who have discovered a faster way to crack it. They plan to demonstrate their findings at a security conference in Ha...
Mobility & Wireless
The biggest news from the recent CTIA Wireless 2007 show: After years of mostly talking about mobile applications and content, the industry is finally acting. And, lo and behold, Microsoft is positioned to cash in.
The NSW Department of Commerce has inked new statewide telecommunications agreements which it anticipates will save taxpayers $50 million a year and improve front-line service delivery.
Wireless service providers are expected to move aggressively toward Ethernet and other alternative backhaul network options by 2008, according to a new report by Infonetics Research.
Mobile WiMax, hyped for years by Intel and other vendors, has turned a corner toward reality, according to industry observers.
Apple has published a firmware update for its Airport Extreme Base Station that fixes two security flaws in the Wi-Fi router.
E-mail and groupware will take another step towards ubiquity this month when open source mobile software developer Funambol will release client software for Motorola and Nokia handsets.
The newest version of Minimo, the Mozilla mobile browser, became available this week in the midst of changes within the Minimo project that make its future uncertain.
In a first for Australian 3G mobile operators, Hutchison has launched a series of fixed-fee mobile data plans that do away with costly per-megabyte access and allow its 3 Mobile customers to use internet applications like Skype, eBay and MSN Messenge...
Microsoft late Wednesday unveiled a mobile Web browser aimed at making surfing the Internet on wireless devices as convenient and feature-rich as browsing on a PC.
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- HP upgrades the Envy 13 laptop with Kaby Lake, debuts the 4K Envy 27 display
- HP's Spectre x360 puts Kaby Lake and Thunderbolt into a thinner, faster package
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- TPTechnical ArchitectVIC
- FTJunior Applications SupportSA
- FTTechnical Engineer Linux / MySql / ScriptQLD
- CCSAP BPC SME/Consultant - BRISBANE BASEDQLD
- TPSolution Architect - Transport DomainVIC
- CCTest LeadQLD
- FTC# (Full Stack) DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CC.Net Developer - SilverlightVIC
- TPGIS Resource Data & TestingQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTServer Engineer l Windows l VMWare l Active DirectoryNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorNSW
- CCServiceNow Specialist - Administration and DevelopmentVIC
- FTPMO Project Analytics and Tools ManagerNSW
- FTDatabase Administrator - OracleQLD
- CCFull-stack Software EngineerNSW
- TPProcess Business Analyst - Digital InnovationNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperQLD
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTProject SchedulerACT
- FTSolution Architect - StorageVIC