The Wi-Fi security protocol WEP should not be relied on to protect sensitive material, according to three German security researchers who have discovered a faster way to crack it. They plan to demonstrate their findings at a security conference in Ha...
Mobility & Wireless
The biggest news from the recent CTIA Wireless 2007 show: After years of mostly talking about mobile applications and content, the industry is finally acting. And, lo and behold, Microsoft is positioned to cash in.
The NSW Department of Commerce has inked new statewide telecommunications agreements which it anticipates will save taxpayers $50 million a year and improve front-line service delivery.
Wireless service providers are expected to move aggressively toward Ethernet and other alternative backhaul network options by 2008, according to a new report by Infonetics Research.
Mobile WiMax, hyped for years by Intel and other vendors, has turned a corner toward reality, according to industry observers.
Apple has published a firmware update for its Airport Extreme Base Station that fixes two security flaws in the Wi-Fi router.
E-mail and groupware will take another step towards ubiquity this month when open source mobile software developer Funambol will release client software for Motorola and Nokia handsets.
The newest version of Minimo, the Mozilla mobile browser, became available this week in the midst of changes within the Minimo project that make its future uncertain.
In a first for Australian 3G mobile operators, Hutchison has launched a series of fixed-fee mobile data plans that do away with costly per-megabyte access and allow its 3 Mobile customers to use internet applications like Skype, eBay and MSN Messenge...
Microsoft late Wednesday unveiled a mobile Web browser aimed at making surfing the Internet on wireless devices as convenient and feature-rich as browsing on a PC.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- How to get a word count with Microsoft Office for iPad
- Twitter gets new product head and team from app startup Yes
- Amazon will literally truck your data into its cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorWA
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC
- CCSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTMedia Architect/LeadNSW
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- TPDeployment Support EngineerVIC
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC