The Wi-Fi security protocol WEP should not be relied on to protect sensitive material, according to three German security researchers who have discovered a faster way to crack it. They plan to demonstrate their findings at a security conference in Ha...
Mobility & Wireless
The biggest news from the recent CTIA Wireless 2007 show: After years of mostly talking about mobile applications and content, the industry is finally acting. And, lo and behold, Microsoft is positioned to cash in.
The NSW Department of Commerce has inked new statewide telecommunications agreements which it anticipates will save taxpayers $50 million a year and improve front-line service delivery.
Wireless service providers are expected to move aggressively toward Ethernet and other alternative backhaul network options by 2008, according to a new report by Infonetics Research.
Mobile WiMax, hyped for years by Intel and other vendors, has turned a corner toward reality, according to industry observers.
Apple has published a firmware update for its Airport Extreme Base Station that fixes two security flaws in the Wi-Fi router.
E-mail and groupware will take another step towards ubiquity this month when open source mobile software developer Funambol will release client software for Motorola and Nokia handsets.
The newest version of Minimo, the Mozilla mobile browser, became available this week in the midst of changes within the Minimo project that make its future uncertain.
In a first for Australian 3G mobile operators, Hutchison has launched a series of fixed-fee mobile data plans that do away with costly per-megabyte access and allow its 3 Mobile customers to use internet applications like Skype, eBay and MSN Messenge...
Microsoft late Wednesday unveiled a mobile Web browser aimed at making surfing the Internet on wireless devices as convenient and feature-rich as browsing on a PC.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Amazon will literally truck your data into its cloud
- New supercomputer will unite x86, Power9 and ARM chips
- AWS comes out swinging with A.I. services
- How Trump will attack the FCC's net neutrality rules
- San Francisco’s Muni transit system reportedly hit by ransomware
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperVIC
- CCPowerOn Mobile SpecialistWA
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- FTService Lifecycle Management RepresentativeVIC
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerACT
- FTLead Software EngineerQLD
- CCSQL Data and Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCWeb Designer or Visual Interactional DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCProduct Manager - TV and MediaNSW
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystWA
- TPJava Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Infrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterVIC
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- CCSiebel DeveloperNSW
- CCWeb Application SpecialistWA
- CCExchange EngineerNSW
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- CCSystem EngineerNSW