Wave your cell phone at a Coke machine, hit a couple of keypad keys, and moments later an ice-cold beverage tumbles into your hand. Lack of loose change (or a credit card) becomes no barrier to the pause that refreshes.
Mobility & Wireless
Cisco has developed a set of small smart robots, which can act as wireless communications relays, that sense when a mobile user is moving out of service range, and can follow the user to maintain connectivity.
Yahoo launched new services on Tuesday to help publishers put their content on mobile phones and take advantage of an emerging medium for advertising.
Google has released a new mobile search engine designed to make it easier to find Web information using a handheld device.
Symantec is dramatically expanding its mobile security offerings this week, adding VPN (virtual private network), data encryption, antispam and other features.
Maybe that old saw was right; there really is an easy mark born every minute. And in this case 23 of them.
Palm said Thursday it hit a company record for its smart phone sales in its third quarter, the reverse of Wednesday's negative news from handset maker Motorola.
Consumers in both the U.S. and Europe are flocking to phones with advanced data features, but not that many are using the services operators want them to, according to a pair of recent surveys.
True to the saying "when it rains, it pours," BenQ could find itself being sued by creditors of its failed mobile-phone venture in Germany.
Palm, one of the handheld world's pioneers, could be purchased this week by one of four possible buyers, according to published reports citing unnamed sources.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- How to get a word count with Microsoft Office for iPad
- Twitter gets new product head and team from app startup Yes
- Amazon will literally truck your data into its cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTService Lifecycle Management Contract AdministratorVIC
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- TPIntegration DeveloperWA
- CCNight Shift Service Desk AnalystNSW
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM Developer/ AdministratorWA
- TPSAP ABAP ProgrammerQLD
- FTPrincipal Project ManagerNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectACT
- FTHadoop DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudVIC
- CCProject Manager DW BINSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- CCProject Manager (Network Roll-Out)NSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCFinancial AnalystACT
- TPPHP Programmer - SeniorQLD
- CCProject Coordinator / Specialist / Analyst - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCSecurity Administrator - CheckpointVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- FTServer Infrastructure Team LeaderACT
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderNSW