A la Mobile is hoping to help fuel the supply of converged Wi-Fi and GSM (Global System for Mobile) phones with a new version of its Linux-based mobile phone software package.
Mobility & Wireless
Tropos Networks has upgraded its Wi-Fi mesh operating system to ease management of large outdoor networks and support tens of thousands of concurrent users.
In this age of 24x7 communication devices and mass marketing, it's no surprise to learn the mobile phone is emerging as the final frontier for advertisers.
Vodafone Group is demonstrating a service at the Cebit trade show that allows mobile phone customers to call and exchange presence information with users of Internet phone services such as Skype.
Taiwanese electronics maker Asustek Computer plans to release in the months ahead two smartphones based on Microsoft's upcoming Windows Mobile 6 software.
Security vendor Trend Micro will release a new version of its mobile security software for Nokia smartphones next month that adds a built-in firewall and improves malware detection, the company said Thursday at Cebit in Hanover, Germany.
The IEEE 802.11n Working Group this week approved draft 2.0 of the standard, paving the way for 100+Mbps wireless LAN products as early as the middle of this year.
Siemens Enterprise Communications is working with Nokia to polish the hand-over of voice calls between corporate wireless LANs and public mobile phone networks, a Siemens executive said Wednesday.
Despite attacks on its business model, including a particularly rancorous battle with Nokia, Qualcomm said its revenue will be higher than expected for its fiscal second quarter.
Samsung Electronics Co. has begun shipping samples of an 8 G-byte flash memory chip, enough to store up to 2,000 songs on a mobile phone, the company said on Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- FTSenior Technical Lead - Java and .NetNSW
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW