Intel is about to sample non-volatile phase-change random access memory (PCM or PRAM) as a drop-in replacement for NOR flash memory, the type used in mobile phones. PRAM has the potential because of its size and access speeds to replace some DRAM app...
Mobility & Wireless
If companies like Apple or even Italian fashion designer Prada can design a mobile phone, why not Google?
Yahoo has teamed up with High Tech Computer (HTC) to put a suite of Internet software applications on millions of Windows Mobile handsets, the companies said Wednesday.
A new version of PCNow being released Monday allows customers to access their PCs remotely through mobile devices such as a BlackBerry.
Emano Tec didn't just build its new tablet computer for healthcare workers based on the ideas of a bunch of techies and business people. It got second, third and additional opinions from doctors and CIOs.
A trio of vendors are adding or extending their wireless products for location services and tracking.
CSIRO on Thursday announced a partnership with research and manufacturing company, the China Electronic Technology Corporation (CETC), to commercialise its wireless technologies in China.
IAnywhere Solutions is adding an instant messaging (IM) component to Information Anywhere Suite, a set of products for managing applications on PDAs and other wireless devices.
Voice and data provider, Telarus, has created a new wireless design and audit service for SMEs.
Wi-Fi-only phones will have been almost wiped from the market within five years, according to a report from Juniper Research.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google age-discrimination lawsuit may become monster
- Telstra acquires HCS from Inabox
- Westpac CIO: How my ‘200-year-old startup’ stays agile
- Why Dropbox left Amazon's cloud and built its own from scratch
- Dick Smith shareholders left out in the cold
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCSharePoint Consultant - Office 365NSW
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSOE Engineer - End User ComputingQLD
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCAgile Product Manager/ UX, Web, Digital Project ManagerNSW
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT