Active daters are more likely to communicate with their counterpart via text messaging than married couples or those in committed relationships are, a survey conducted by International Communications Research said Monday.
Mobility & Wireless
Hewlett-Packard announced Monday a dual-mode smart phone targeted at mobile professionals that allows voice calls and data connections both in Wi-Fi and cellular networks.
Microsoft said it has boosted the security mechanisms built into its newest mobile phone operating system, responding to the needs of business customers who will use the phones to access sensitive corporate data.
The number of security attacks reported by mobile phone operators in 2006 jumped fivefold over the year before, a McAfee study reported Monday.
More than half of the wireless LAN devices being used at this week's RSA Conference on information security are themselves unsecured.
Samsung unveiled a new media-centric phone clearly designed to be an iPhone killer and said it will show off the device at this week's 3GSM World Conference in Barcelona, Spain.
While the New South Wales state government embarks on a drawn out process to tech up its capital city, a privately-run initiative is already providing free wireless broadband to Canberra and the Gold Coast.
Notebook giant Toshiba has launched onto the local market a new notebook to tablet PC convertible that it hopes will drive the business case for such devices in the enterprise.
Responding to demand for ultra-thin designs, Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications has announced a new Walkman music phone -- its slimmest handset yet. The product is one of several announced Tuesday ahead of the 3GSM World Congress in Barcelona next w...
Relief may be in sight for road warriors weary of lugging 8-pound laptops from city to city, while packing another 10 pounds' worth of batteries, cables and peripherals -- perhaps even a portable slide projector for making presentations.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- These are the 3 big reveals from Microsoft's Surface event
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
- Despite concerns, analysts expect an OK for AT&T-Time Warner deal
- DNA testing for jobs may be on its way, warns Gartner
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- CCBackup ConsultantWA
- CCFull Stack Java DevelopersNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- TPSenior Data AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCSolutions Architect (Power of Choice)QLD
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-month renewable Contract)Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- TPRelease and Deployment MangerACT
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS ASP.NET) 161103/AP/269Asia
- FTProgram SchedulerNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst/Data Analytics ConsultantVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- TPICT Procurement OfficerQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - AgileVIC
- CCSecurity ExpertVIC
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectNSW