Hewlett-Packard announced Monday a dual-mode smart phone targeted at mobile professionals that allows voice calls and data connections both in Wi-Fi and cellular networks.
Mobility & Wireless
Microsoft said it has boosted the security mechanisms built into its newest mobile phone operating system, responding to the needs of business customers who will use the phones to access sensitive corporate data.
The number of security attacks reported by mobile phone operators in 2006 jumped fivefold over the year before, a McAfee study reported Monday.
More than half of the wireless LAN devices being used at this week's RSA Conference on information security are themselves unsecured.
Samsung unveiled a new media-centric phone clearly designed to be an iPhone killer and said it will show off the device at this week's 3GSM World Conference in Barcelona, Spain.
While the New South Wales state government embarks on a drawn out process to tech up its capital city, a privately-run initiative is already providing free wireless broadband to Canberra and the Gold Coast.
Notebook giant Toshiba has launched onto the local market a new notebook to tablet PC convertible that it hopes will drive the business case for such devices in the enterprise.
Responding to demand for ultra-thin designs, Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications has announced a new Walkman music phone -- its slimmest handset yet. The product is one of several announced Tuesday ahead of the 3GSM World Congress in Barcelona next w...
Relief may be in sight for road warriors weary of lugging 8-pound laptops from city to city, while packing another 10 pounds' worth of batteries, cables and peripherals -- perhaps even a portable slide projector for making presentations.
Big names are coming to mobile video after a slow start for a service that has been touted as a perfect use for fast 3G (third-generation) networks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Top 30 AWS cloud services
- The Good Guys take serious aim at ASX listing
- Google Daydreams about VR, and enterprises take note
- Microsoft pledges to use more renewable energy in its data centers
- Google's mobile productivity apps bury Microsoft's
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCDeployment Engineer / IT AuditorQLD
- FTScrum MasterVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT