The battle between Apple and Samsung over smartphone design returns to a Silicon Valley courtroom next week as the companies fight over how much Samsung should pay for infringement of five Apple patents in 13 of its smartphones.
Mobility & Wireless
Mobile management vendors like Good Technology and MobileIron are increasing efforts to pitch Android and iOS as alternatives to BlackBerry, thanks to improved security and management tools.
Google has added new features to its search app on iOS, like updated reminders and hands-free search, designed to proactively deliver information to people at certain moments.
With the arrival of the iPhone 5s, Apple regained its spot among the top five smartphone makers in China during the third quarter.
BlackBerry will change its CEO and accept a $US1 billion loan from a consortium involving shareholder Fairfax Financial Holdings as it struggles with inventory and strategy problems. The company has abandoned plans to sell itself.
A speedier successor to the ThinkPad Tablet 2 is being developed by Lenovo as the company tries to add more tablets to its mix of personal computing portfolio.
A number of HTC devices including its flagship HTC One smartphone infringe on a Nokia mobile networks standards patent, a U.K. court ruled Wednesday.
Web videoconferencing may get easier after a decision by Cisco Systems that should help bring widely used technology into browsers.
Apple's once-dominant lead in the fast-growing tablet market is shrinking as buyers move to Android tablets, which are cheaper and available in different sizes, according to separate research released by IHS and IDC .
Samsung Electronics continued to dominate the smartphone market in the third quarter, which also saw quarterly shipments cross 250 million for the first time, according to research firm Strategy Analytics.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- iiNet founder Michael Malone joins NBN board
- Apple Pay: 42 percent of people don’t feel secure using it
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
- How do you stop patent trolls? This algorithm just might do the trick
- Get ready for your new co-worker – the robot
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW