Motions are underway for the development of an updated network and cost model for the supply of Mobile Terminating Access Services (MTAS) in Australia, which is expected to come into effect 1 July this year.
Mobility & Wireless
Europe's biggest mobile phone networks will meet at the 3GSM conference next week to discuss uniting to form their own search engine to rival U.S. giants such as Google and Yahoo.
Social interaction, rather than function, is the force behind young adults' burgeoning use of text messaging, claims a new study conducted by the DeGroote School of Business at McMaster University in Canada.
Silicon vendor Broadcom has put Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and an FM radio on a single 65nm CMOS chip. The device should cut the cost -- and power demands -- of Wi-Fi enabled phone handsets, and hasten converged phone services.
Apple and Cisco Systems have pushed back a deadline in their legal battle over the iPhone in order to keep working toward a settlement.
Unfazed by Telstra's high-profile national Next G mobile network, competing carrier Optus has announced plans to build a nationwide 3G network to cover 95 percent of the population.
Blockbuster mobile phone sales during the holiday season last year propelled shipments to over one billion for all of 2006, market researcher IDC said Thursday.
Multinational mobile handset makers may be dabbling with Linux-powered phones for Asia and the US, but the Australian market has been largely ignored, that is until OpenMoko arrives later this year.
Intel conducted a live demonstration of its WiMax broadband wireless capability for attendees of Interop Tuesday, offering high-speed Internet access over a 500-square-mile area around Las Vegas.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Skype is getting infused with conversational “bots”
- Anonabox promises a portable, streamlined way to use Tor to hide your online tracks
- LinkedIn aims to make email more professional, with LinkedIn Intro
- 5G will have to do more than send speed up your phone, Ericsson says
- Wireless world record: Researchers transfer data at 100Gbps through the air
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSOE Engineer - End User ComputingQLD
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- FTSystems AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCRelease and Deployment ManagerACT
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCSr Business Analyst FI/CO, ERP, Procurement, Payroll, HR, SAPNSW
- FTInformation Security ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSolution DesignerNSW