Motions are underway for the development of an updated network and cost model for the supply of Mobile Terminating Access Services (MTAS) in Australia, which is expected to come into effect 1 July this year.
Mobility & Wireless
Europe's biggest mobile phone networks will meet at the 3GSM conference next week to discuss uniting to form their own search engine to rival U.S. giants such as Google and Yahoo.
Social interaction, rather than function, is the force behind young adults' burgeoning use of text messaging, claims a new study conducted by the DeGroote School of Business at McMaster University in Canada.
Silicon vendor Broadcom has put Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and an FM radio on a single 65nm CMOS chip. The device should cut the cost -- and power demands -- of Wi-Fi enabled phone handsets, and hasten converged phone services.
Apple and Cisco Systems have pushed back a deadline in their legal battle over the iPhone in order to keep working toward a settlement.
Unfazed by Telstra's high-profile national Next G mobile network, competing carrier Optus has announced plans to build a nationwide 3G network to cover 95 percent of the population.
Blockbuster mobile phone sales during the holiday season last year propelled shipments to over one billion for all of 2006, market researcher IDC said Thursday.
Multinational mobile handset makers may be dabbling with Linux-powered phones for Asia and the US, but the Australian market has been largely ignored, that is until OpenMoko arrives later this year.
Intel conducted a live demonstration of its WiMax broadband wireless capability for attendees of Interop Tuesday, offering high-speed Internet access over a 500-square-mile area around Las Vegas.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LinkedIn ProFinder helps freelancers land jobs
- What you need to do to stop data from leaving with exiting employees
- As Zika looms, a question arises: Who gets to telecommute?
- Surveys suss out Windows 10 enterprise migration timelines
- Facebook battles to banish News Feed clickbait
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW