Motions are underway for the development of an updated network and cost model for the supply of Mobile Terminating Access Services (MTAS) in Australia, which is expected to come into effect 1 July this year.
Mobility & Wireless
Europe's biggest mobile phone networks will meet at the 3GSM conference next week to discuss uniting to form their own search engine to rival U.S. giants such as Google and Yahoo.
Social interaction, rather than function, is the force behind young adults' burgeoning use of text messaging, claims a new study conducted by the DeGroote School of Business at McMaster University in Canada.
Silicon vendor Broadcom has put Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and an FM radio on a single 65nm CMOS chip. The device should cut the cost -- and power demands -- of Wi-Fi enabled phone handsets, and hasten converged phone services.
Apple and Cisco Systems have pushed back a deadline in their legal battle over the iPhone in order to keep working toward a settlement.
Unfazed by Telstra's high-profile national Next G mobile network, competing carrier Optus has announced plans to build a nationwide 3G network to cover 95 percent of the population.
Blockbuster mobile phone sales during the holiday season last year propelled shipments to over one billion for all of 2006, market researcher IDC said Thursday.
Multinational mobile handset makers may be dabbling with Linux-powered phones for Asia and the US, but the Australian market has been largely ignored, that is until OpenMoko arrives later this year.
Intel conducted a live demonstration of its WiMax broadband wireless capability for attendees of Interop Tuesday, offering high-speed Internet access over a 500-square-mile area around Las Vegas.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCSecurity Consultant - Telecommunications and NetworksSA
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCProject Manager - Business IntelligenceVIC
- FTProject Manager - Web ContentVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW