Nokia once again sold a record number of Lumia smartphones during the third quarter, helping the company narrow its net loss.
Mobility & Wireless
A deal to buy out Dell has been completed, officially taking the company private.
Low-power servers running on Calxeda's 64-bit ARM chip will be available a year from now, Calxeda said.
IBM has licensed smartphone and tablet processor designs from ARM, which will be used in new communications and networking gear.
LG Electronics' new smartphone based on Firefox OS, the Fireweb, offers slightly better hardware specs than competing products.
A new ARM architecture for embedded chips could boost the power and precision of systems used in a variety of products, including car brakes, medical devices and factory systems.
Samsung Electronics has signed a 10-year supply agreement with Corning, the maker of Gorilla Glass, to ensure access to all of Corning's existing and future technologies.
China's Lenovo Group is considering a bid for struggling smartphone maker BlackBerry, according to The Wall Street Journal.
Google's quarterly sales increased again, although the company reported mixed results within its advertising business and a decrease in its Motorola mobile sales.
After releasing the first version of Knox security software after a long testing period, Samsung is working on version 2.0.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCChange Manager, Digital ProgramNSW
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Java/J2EE/SQL) 160714/JP/707Asia
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCProject Manager (Omni-Channel)VIC
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW