Nokia once again sold a record number of Lumia smartphones during the third quarter, helping the company narrow its net loss.
Mobility & Wireless
A deal to buy out Dell has been completed, officially taking the company private.
Low-power servers running on Calxeda's 64-bit ARM chip will be available a year from now, Calxeda said.
IBM has licensed smartphone and tablet processor designs from ARM, which will be used in new communications and networking gear.
LG Electronics' new smartphone based on Firefox OS, the Fireweb, offers slightly better hardware specs than competing products.
A new ARM architecture for embedded chips could boost the power and precision of systems used in a variety of products, including car brakes, medical devices and factory systems.
Samsung Electronics has signed a 10-year supply agreement with Corning, the maker of Gorilla Glass, to ensure access to all of Corning's existing and future technologies.
China's Lenovo Group is considering a bid for struggling smartphone maker BlackBerry, according to The Wall Street Journal.
Google's quarterly sales increased again, although the company reported mixed results within its advertising business and a decrease in its Motorola mobile sales.
After releasing the first version of Knox security software after a long testing period, Samsung is working on version 2.0.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- That moment when you realize you're exchanging emails with a robot
- Google's Inbox uses machine learning to speed up email replies
- Google's Gmail finally adds the ability to block email, but there's a better way
- New Cryptolocker variant discovered targeting Australians
- Twitter gobbles up more cookies with retargeted ads, says users have privacy choices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- CCData ModellerACT
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- CCData AnalystACT
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia