Hiring managers are busy bees who sometimes have to close a deal from their mobile phones, which is apparently what led LinkedIn to offer a mobile app for recruiters on the go.
Mobility & Wireless
Imagination Technologies will deliver its first Warrior CPU core to device makers by the end of the year, beginning a campaign to make the MIPS architecture a more potent rival to ARM and x86.
Twitter is known to experiment with new features to give its users more ways to find and follow content. Here's what appears to be the latest: a news delivery service.
MediaTek is promising smartphone buyers they will get more bang for their buck now that it plans to introduce its LTE chipsets and use ARM's upcoming 64-bit processor designs.
Aiming at budget laptops, Intel has started shipping new Pentium and Celeron processors based on the Haswell microarchitecture.
Taiwan's Foxconn Technology Group wants to jump-start a new manufacturing operation in Indonesia next year, potentially bringing in more smartphones to the country.
Qualcomm has backtracked from an earlier statement in which a company executive said Apple's A7 64-bit chip in the iPhone 5s is a marketing gimmick, and that the technical advance had limited benefits in mobile devices.
Telstra has today announced a partnership with Sydney's ANZ Stadium, which will see the telco provide wireless connectivity to the sporting and events venue for the next five years.
With its acquisition of gesture-recognition company Flutter, Google may be looking to beef up Google Glass and its Android products while also looking to win over the hearts and minds of Apple iPhone users.
Smartphone vendors have rekindled their infatuation with enterprises as the consumer segment fizzles; this week's exhibit is the launch of LG Electronics' Gate, which separates users' professional and private lives through virtualization.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
- Google buys maker of fascinating, creepy robots
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCHR Contractor Retail ProjectVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCUX/UI Designer DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCEnterprise Data Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Citrix EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- CCJava DeveloperQLD