After releasing the first version of Knox security software after a long testing period, Samsung is working on version 2.0.
Mobility & Wireless
Hiring managers are busy bees who sometimes have to close a deal from their mobile phones, which is apparently what led LinkedIn to offer a mobile app for recruiters on the go.
Imagination Technologies will deliver its first Warrior CPU core to device makers by the end of the year, beginning a campaign to make the MIPS architecture a more potent rival to ARM and x86.
Twitter is known to experiment with new features to give its users more ways to find and follow content. Here's what appears to be the latest: a news delivery service.
MediaTek is promising smartphone buyers they will get more bang for their buck now that it plans to introduce its LTE chipsets and use ARM's upcoming 64-bit processor designs.
Aiming at budget laptops, Intel has started shipping new Pentium and Celeron processors based on the Haswell microarchitecture.
Taiwan's Foxconn Technology Group wants to jump-start a new manufacturing operation in Indonesia next year, potentially bringing in more smartphones to the country.
Qualcomm has backtracked from an earlier statement in which a company executive said Apple's A7 64-bit chip in the iPhone 5s is a marketing gimmick, and that the technical advance had limited benefits in mobile devices.
Telstra has today announced a partnership with Sydney's ANZ Stadium, which will see the telco provide wireless connectivity to the sporting and events venue for the next five years.
With its acquisition of gesture-recognition company Flutter, Google may be looking to beef up Google Glass and its Android products while also looking to win over the hearts and minds of Apple iPhone users.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Amazon will literally truck your data into its cloud
- New supercomputer will unite x86, Power9 and ARM chips
- AWS comes out swinging with A.I. services
- How Trump will attack the FCC's net neutrality rules
- San Francisco’s Muni transit system reportedly hit by ransomware
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Test EngineerNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementWA
- FTSenior Project Analyst, PMO, WealthNSW
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterVIC
- CCProduct Manager - TV and MediaNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- CCConsumer Social Specialist (Digital)VIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderVIC
- CCSecurity Architect Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW
- CCSiebel DeveloperNSW
- CC.Net & Oracle Developers - Agile, Digital/ Portal DevelopmentNSW
- CCService Monitoring Specialist - Information SecurityVIC
- CCSenior Information Management SMENSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- TPFront End DeveloperNSW
- TPCloud DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCLevel 1 Help Desk - Immediate Start!QLD
- CCSenior Front End Wed DeveloperQLD
- CCNetwork Solution Designer/Architect - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW