Hiring managers are busy bees who sometimes have to close a deal from their mobile phones, which is apparently what led LinkedIn to offer a mobile app for recruiters on the go.
Mobility & Wireless
Imagination Technologies will deliver its first Warrior CPU core to device makers by the end of the year, beginning a campaign to make the MIPS architecture a more potent rival to ARM and x86.
Twitter is known to experiment with new features to give its users more ways to find and follow content. Here's what appears to be the latest: a news delivery service.
MediaTek is promising smartphone buyers they will get more bang for their buck now that it plans to introduce its LTE chipsets and use ARM's upcoming 64-bit processor designs.
Aiming at budget laptops, Intel has started shipping new Pentium and Celeron processors based on the Haswell microarchitecture.
Taiwan's Foxconn Technology Group wants to jump-start a new manufacturing operation in Indonesia next year, potentially bringing in more smartphones to the country.
Qualcomm has backtracked from an earlier statement in which a company executive said Apple's A7 64-bit chip in the iPhone 5s is a marketing gimmick, and that the technical advance had limited benefits in mobile devices.
Telstra has today announced a partnership with Sydney's ANZ Stadium, which will see the telco provide wireless connectivity to the sporting and events venue for the next five years.
With its acquisition of gesture-recognition company Flutter, Google may be looking to beef up Google Glass and its Android products while also looking to win over the hearts and minds of Apple iPhone users.
Smartphone vendors have rekindled their infatuation with enterprises as the consumer segment fizzles; this week's exhibit is the launch of LG Electronics' Gate, which separates users' professional and private lives through virtualization.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LinkedIn ProFinder helps freelancers land jobs
- What you need to do to stop data from leaving with exiting employees
- As Zika looms, a question arises: Who gets to telecommute?
- Surveys suss out Windows 10 enterprise migration timelines
- Facebook battles to banish News Feed clickbait
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/JP/709Asia
- FTData ScientistNSW
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- CCChange / Project ManagerVIC
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCFacilities ManagerACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCDesktop Support (Contract Renewable)Asia
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCManager Architecture Practice Lead (Infrastructure Architect)NSW