After releasing the first version of Knox security software after a long testing period, Samsung is working on version 2.0.
Mobility & Wireless
Hiring managers are busy bees who sometimes have to close a deal from their mobile phones, which is apparently what led LinkedIn to offer a mobile app for recruiters on the go.
Imagination Technologies will deliver its first Warrior CPU core to device makers by the end of the year, beginning a campaign to make the MIPS architecture a more potent rival to ARM and x86.
Twitter is known to experiment with new features to give its users more ways to find and follow content. Here's what appears to be the latest: a news delivery service.
MediaTek is promising smartphone buyers they will get more bang for their buck now that it plans to introduce its LTE chipsets and use ARM's upcoming 64-bit processor designs.
Aiming at budget laptops, Intel has started shipping new Pentium and Celeron processors based on the Haswell microarchitecture.
Taiwan's Foxconn Technology Group wants to jump-start a new manufacturing operation in Indonesia next year, potentially bringing in more smartphones to the country.
Qualcomm has backtracked from an earlier statement in which a company executive said Apple's A7 64-bit chip in the iPhone 5s is a marketing gimmick, and that the technical advance had limited benefits in mobile devices.
Telstra has today announced a partnership with Sydney's ANZ Stadium, which will see the telco provide wireless connectivity to the sporting and events venue for the next five years.
With its acquisition of gesture-recognition company Flutter, Google may be looking to beef up Google Glass and its Android products while also looking to win over the hearts and minds of Apple iPhone users.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Largest DDoS attack ever delivered by botnet of hijacked IoT devices
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- Judge paves the way for British hacker's extradition to US
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Banks find big innovation payoff in hackathons
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia
- TPSalesforce DeveloperQLD
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- CCSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- CCData Warehousing /Business Intelligence DeveloperACT
- FTMid to senior Java Software EngineerNSW
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Solution Architect (Permanent and/or Contract Option)QLD
- FTMULTIPLE PERM PROJECT MANAGERSACT
- FTFrontend Developer/DesignerNSW
- FTStorage SpecialistNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- TPBusiness Transition Program ManagerVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- TPProject Manager - AgileWA
- CCSenior Pega DeveloperVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Network EngineerACT
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - BankingNSW
- FTSenior Wintel System EngineerWA
- FTTechnical Services Engineer - Spanish speakingNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW