Hiring managers are busy bees who sometimes have to close a deal from their mobile phones, which is apparently what led LinkedIn to offer a mobile app for recruiters on the go.
Mobility & Wireless
Imagination Technologies will deliver its first Warrior CPU core to device makers by the end of the year, beginning a campaign to make the MIPS architecture a more potent rival to ARM and x86.
Twitter is known to experiment with new features to give its users more ways to find and follow content. Here's what appears to be the latest: a news delivery service.
MediaTek is promising smartphone buyers they will get more bang for their buck now that it plans to introduce its LTE chipsets and use ARM's upcoming 64-bit processor designs.
Aiming at budget laptops, Intel has started shipping new Pentium and Celeron processors based on the Haswell microarchitecture.
Taiwan's Foxconn Technology Group wants to jump-start a new manufacturing operation in Indonesia next year, potentially bringing in more smartphones to the country.
Qualcomm has backtracked from an earlier statement in which a company executive said Apple's A7 64-bit chip in the iPhone 5s is a marketing gimmick, and that the technical advance had limited benefits in mobile devices.
Telstra has today announced a partnership with Sydney's ANZ Stadium, which will see the telco provide wireless connectivity to the sporting and events venue for the next five years.
With its acquisition of gesture-recognition company Flutter, Google may be looking to beef up Google Glass and its Android products while also looking to win over the hearts and minds of Apple iPhone users.
Smartphone vendors have rekindled their infatuation with enterprises as the consumer segment fizzles; this week's exhibit is the launch of LG Electronics' Gate, which separates users' professional and private lives through virtualization.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- FCC votes for strict new broadband privacy rules
- Google simplifies VR content embeds with new VR view tool
- Atlassian president on IPO - 'We're overjoyed'
- After 10 years of profitability, Atlassian steps up for an IPO
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia