A first look at T-Mobile's G1 Android phone.
Mobility & Wireless
You can create a simple add-on for your router's antenna that will boost and focus the wireless signal. We show you how.
Nifty designs, snazzy interfaces, and music and video galore: We give you the skinny on a dozen trend-setting mobile phone models that are slated to debut soon.
The RFID revolution won't be televised, so we decided to present it in slideshow format.
RIM has recently announced the launch of the first BlackBerry Flip handset, the Pearl 8220
Most iPhone users don't care that they can get a root prompt on their phone, and most wouldn't think of opening the device to a world beyond iTunes. Well, these iPhone apps aren't for most users. If you're an IT pro wanting to use the iPhone or iPod touch to monitor and control other systems, or to satisfy other geek needs, these jailbreak and native apps are for you.
Late last year, Google announced that it would give US$10 million worth in prizes to software development companies to develop innovative and useful applications for their open source mobile Android platform.
Six common complaints about the iPhone 3G including dropped calls, slow data and MobileMe follies
In this slideshow, we'll examine the very worst fictional characters that marketing departments have unleashed on the general public over the years, ranging from smarmy wireless salesmen to dotcom-promoting sock puppets to annoying graphics of paperclips that SIMPLY REFUSE TO GO AWAY not matter what you do.
With the growing popularity of Apple's iPhone, Research In Motion (RIM)'s BlackBerry and other smartphones, it's no surprise that third-party vendors are jumping on the accessory train like geeks on Star Wars marathons.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
- Google buys maker of fascinating, creepy robots
- 2013: The year in numbers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia