In the middle of groundbreaking announcements from the likes of Microsoft, Nokia and Samsung, LG has so far been fairly quiet at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
Mobility & Wireless
MWC is the premier global event for the mobile phone industry. Here's the latest in mobile innovations, from Barcelona this week.
Sony Ericsson's XPERIA X10 smartphone, the company's first handset to run Google's Android operating system, was announced well before Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. However, for many people MWC was the first chance to get some one on one time with the phone.
Samsung's GT-S8500 Wave at Mobile World Congress
True BlackBerry lovers, or "CrackBerry" addicts, if you will, can never have too many BlackBerry apps
Even though the market for Android apps is still emerging, there are a number of good programs for business users.
Apple's iPad is a multi-function device that focuses on multimedia and some productivity apps, but also functions as an e-reader with a new iBook store of EPub format books.
These eight apps allow you to open a shell, run a shell script, tap the Linux command line, or otherwise put your Android-based smartphone to productive use. Most are available in free editions, and none will set you back more than a few dollars.
Though the Apple iPad's interface may look familiar (see our hands-on impressions for more on the iPad), the hardware is clearly bigger than its iPhone/iPod Touch siblings.
You've read the rumours for months, but now it's official: the Apple iPad is here.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Top 30 AWS cloud services
- The Good Guys take serious aim at ASX listing
- Google Daydreams about VR, and enterprises take note
- Microsoft pledges to use more renewable energy in its data centers
- Google's mobile productivity apps bury Microsoft's
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCechnical Specialist ApplicationsACT
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- CCOracle Applications Team LeadNSW
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW