In the middle of groundbreaking announcements from the likes of Microsoft, Nokia and Samsung, LG has so far been fairly quiet at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
Mobility & Wireless
MWC is the premier global event for the mobile phone industry. Here's the latest in mobile innovations, from Barcelona this week.
Sony Ericsson's XPERIA X10 smartphone, the company's first handset to run Google's Android operating system, was announced well before Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. However, for many people MWC was the first chance to get some one on one time with the phone.
Samsung's GT-S8500 Wave at Mobile World Congress
True BlackBerry lovers, or "CrackBerry" addicts, if you will, can never have too many BlackBerry apps
Even though the market for Android apps is still emerging, there are a number of good programs for business users.
Apple's iPad is a multi-function device that focuses on multimedia and some productivity apps, but also functions as an e-reader with a new iBook store of EPub format books.
These eight apps allow you to open a shell, run a shell script, tap the Linux command line, or otherwise put your Android-based smartphone to productive use. Most are available in free editions, and none will set you back more than a few dollars.
Though the Apple iPad's interface may look familiar (see our hands-on impressions for more on the iPad), the hardware is clearly bigger than its iPhone/iPod Touch siblings.
You've read the rumours for months, but now it's official: the Apple iPad is here.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
- Google buys maker of fascinating, creepy robots
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCPeoplesoft HR StrategistACT
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia