Dell has announced its latest laptop for business users, the Vostro V13.
Mobility & Wireless
Call it the iBerry Pre; it's got the best features of the top smartphones all in one handy (and, sadly, fictional) device.
Google's Chrome OS is designed purely to run Web-based applications, rather than software installed on a system's hard drive. At Thursday's Chrome OS event, Google claimed the new operating system's boot-up speed is a lightning-fast 7 seconds. The Chrome OS will not be available to consumers until 2010 around the holiday season, according to Google.
We may not have the Black Friday specials seen in the US, but we've rounded up some great bargains including budget GPS devices from TomTom and a great deal on the Nokia Navigator smart phone. Plus we unearth savings on HP's quality inkjet multifunction printer, digital camera and notebook PC too.
Apple's iPhone may have kicked off the app store phenomenon, but believe it or not, there are alternatives.
Motorola's new Droid 3G smartphone could have what it takes to grab a chunk of the mobile data market and rival the iPhone's success: Big touchscreen coupled with a sliding Qwerty keyboard, robust Web browser, the improved Android 2.0 operating system, and tight integration with Google services. This slideshow looks at both phones, based on their specifications.
Ceatec, showcased many new technologies and prototype gadgets. We take you through our favourite tech products.
The mobile phone is one of the fastest growing and most popular pieces of technology in history. From Motorola's first prototype mobile phone, which weighed almost a kilogram, to Apple's game-changing iPhone and the range latest touch-screen smartphones, we take a look back at the evolution of one of the most important technology devices in history.
Sony Australia showed off its latest VAIO X series notebook yesterday at a press launch in Sydney. Although no technical specifications were revealed -- and we tried to sneak a look at them -- we were lucky enough to get our hands on a production model.
After throwing your laptop, charger, and spare battery into your travel bag as you head out the door, suddenly you don’t feel so mobile anymore.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Extreme swallows Zebra’s WLAN biz for $55 million
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW