Microsoft’s Skype bots promise to arrange appointments, order food, and book hotels, and more.
Networking & VoIP
Staying anonymous online could get a lot simpler with Anonabox, a pocket-sized networking device due to launch early next year.
The BiPAC 8800AXL is Billion’s 802.11ac wireless router product, which can be used to distribute an ADSL2+ connection, or even fibre or mobile broadband. It’s a neat little unit that’s easy to install and use, and it proved to be reliable in our tests, though not as fast as we were expecting.
LinkedIn wants to help people get a job and advance their careers by incorporating its services into their mobile email.
For consumers looking forward to 5G mobile technology for super-high speed, network giant Ericsson says there will be more to it than that -- and less.
One of the major obstacles for delivering faster Internet to the home is the sheer amount of work and money it takes to lay the cable. Now, researchers are coming up with a workaround that transmits the data wirelessly.
Google will feature users in advertisements that run on its suite of websites when those users recommend products or stores.
Cisco Systems has released security patches for authentication bypass, command execution and denial-of-service vulnerabilities affecting products that use its Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) software, as well as the Cisco Catalyst 6500 series switches and Cisco 7600 series routers.
IBM will invest US$1 billion to promote Linux development over the next five years as it tries to adapt Power mainframes and servers to handle cloud and big data applications in distributed computing environments.
Yahoo has redesigned its Sports, Movies, Music, TV, omg, Games and Weather sites with a more consistent look and some personalized tools, the company said Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- CCPeoplsoft Technical SupportACT
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTSAP PI ABAP SpecialistVIC
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- FTEnvironment Management AnalystACT
- FTDesktop Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCData Integration specialistACT
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW