Bob Metcalfe, Dave Boggs and the rest of the scientists at Xerox Palo Alto Research Center in 1973 were a lot like young developers at a Silicon Valley startup today.
Networking & VoIP
If you aren't intimately familiar with Software Defined Networking, don't fret. Only 10% of 450 IT practitioners at a recent Network World event raised their hands when asked if they understand SDN. But if the emerging technology lives up to its prom...
What of the oft-mentioned northbound APIs that will let applications tell the controller what they need from the network? What kind of progress is the Open Networking Foundation making on that front? Network World Editor in Chief John Dix put the que...
The HDBaseT Alliance wants to change a wired dependence with a strategy it has dubbed "5Play convergence": a wired network that carries digital video, audio, data, control signals, and--most interestingly--100 watts of electrical power over a single ...
Major Websites are to test Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) by participating in World IPv6 Day, scheduled for June 8. Google, Facebook, and Yahoo, among others, have agreed to ensure that IPv6 entrances to their sites will be available, along wi...
As technology evolves, many of the barriers that have traditionally limited telecommuting continue to disappear.
Following the formation of AUSSAT by the Australian Government in 1981, a government owned company designed to own and operate the national satellite system, Australia’s first two satellites are launched in 1985, providing domestic satellite services...
Prior to CES, there were only a handful of phones with front-facing cameras: the iPhone 4, the EVO 4G and the T-Mobile myTouch 4G to name a few. This year's CES was all about 4G, for sure, but video chat is definitely one of the apps carriers love to...
Home is where the network is: That's the mantra of networking vendors at the Consumer Electronics Show 2011 in Las Vegas this week.
Anyone who's attended tech conventions over the past five years has heard plenty about 4G wireless networks, but this year the hype has become a reality.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
- Google buys maker of fascinating, creepy robots
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCICT Engineer - SecurityQLD
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCProject Manager - Digital / MediaNSW
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCAgile Product Manager/ UX, Web, Digital Project ManagerNSW
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FTDevelopment/Architect Capability ManagerVIC
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW