Bob Metcalfe, Dave Boggs and the rest of the scientists at Xerox Palo Alto Research Center in 1973 were a lot like young developers at a Silicon Valley startup today.
Networking & VoIP
If you aren't intimately familiar with Software Defined Networking, don't fret. Only 10% of 450 IT practitioners at a recent Network World event raised their hands when asked if they understand SDN. But if the emerging technology lives up to its prom...
What of the oft-mentioned northbound APIs that will let applications tell the controller what they need from the network? What kind of progress is the Open Networking Foundation making on that front? Network World Editor in Chief John Dix put the que...
The HDBaseT Alliance wants to change a wired dependence with a strategy it has dubbed "5Play convergence": a wired network that carries digital video, audio, data, control signals, and--most interestingly--100 watts of electrical power over a single ...
Major Websites are to test Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) by participating in World IPv6 Day, scheduled for June 8. Google, Facebook, and Yahoo, among others, have agreed to ensure that IPv6 entrances to their sites will be available, along wi...
As technology evolves, many of the barriers that have traditionally limited telecommuting continue to disappear.
Following the formation of AUSSAT by the Australian Government in 1981, a government owned company designed to own and operate the national satellite system, Australia’s first two satellites are launched in 1985, providing domestic satellite services...
Prior to CES, there were only a handful of phones with front-facing cameras: the iPhone 4, the EVO 4G and the T-Mobile myTouch 4G to name a few. This year's CES was all about 4G, for sure, but video chat is definitely one of the apps carriers love to...
Home is where the network is: That's the mantra of networking vendors at the Consumer Electronics Show 2011 in Las Vegas this week.
Anyone who's attended tech conventions over the past five years has heard plenty about 4G wireless networks, but this year the hype has become a reality.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- SanDisk builds tougher flash for IoT devices
- It's official: HP will break itself in two
- Seagate launches 4TB portable drive with wireless smartphone backup
- Planned new USB connector will fit both ways
- Toshiba offers to buy failed SSD maker OCZ
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CCSystems TrainerVIC