How much performance capability do companies expect when they deploy a wireless network? Chances are, not enough - especially as wireless becomes a mainstream part of the New Data Centre infrastructure.
Networking & VoIP
I am often asked for career advice on how to break into the networking job market. While my answers have changed somewhat over the years as the market has changed, generally my responses have remained the same. This is because the core of networking ...
The recent spate of malware attacks propagating throughout the user base of the Skype Internet calling system illustrates a broader trend toward cyber-criminals moving to take advantage of VOIP platforms as they become increasingly popular.
The war between Telstra and the Australian Competition and Communications Commission (ACCC) has escalated and there's still no solid vision of a high-speed Australian broadband network or pricing plan.
Everyone has an idea on how to roll out the national broadband scheme, but who's promising what?
Enterprise desktop phones face growing competition from wireless handsets, but they aren't going the way of the typewriter just yet.
The fact that the market for Bluetooth access points went nowhere five years ago hasn't stopped Germany's Anycom from recently introducing a new one with a power and range that far eclipses previous entrants.
Responding to a recent report on the market prospects of an MPLS alternative for metro Ethernet, edge switch market Hammerhead Systems this week reiterated a soul-baring confession.
Moving and sharing your digital media files on a home network can be a cool and fun thing -- until something goes wrong. And something always goes wrong. In a networked home, with DVRs, cable boxes, PCs, and media players sharing the same network, w...
One of the fundamental challenges facing network professionals is balancing ongoing responsibilities with reacting to daily events. Many spend the bulk of their time putting out fires or responding to unanticipated business requirements -- often at t...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft restores database app to Office 365 for small biz
- Andromeda inbound? Google's long-rumored Android/Chrome OS merger may debut Oct 4
- Microsoft sues repeat software pirate who owes company $1.2M from prior case
- Your old Apple Watch will feel brand new with watchOS 3, out now
- Which is the best Mac to learn programming and coding: Buying advice for Mac coders
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedNSW
- CCSecurity SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Networks EngineerVIC
- FTSENIOR DEVELOPERQLD
- FTDatabase Administration Team LeaderQLD
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCWeb Designer or Visual Interactional DesignerNSW
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Windows Systems Engineer- MCSE- SCOM, SCCMNSW
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderQLD
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsVIC
- TPSAP HR Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesACT
- FTSalesforce Solutions Architect/DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst -permanent opportunityVIC
- CCTest Manager - Data Warehouse experienceACT
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- FTLinux Unix AdministratorNSW
- CCERP Benefits ManagerNSW