I am often asked for career advice on how to break into the networking job market. While my answers have changed somewhat over the years as the market has changed, generally my responses have remained the same. This is because the core of networking ...
Networking & VoIP
The recent spate of malware attacks propagating throughout the user base of the Skype Internet calling system illustrates a broader trend toward cyber-criminals moving to take advantage of VOIP platforms as they become increasingly popular.
The war between Telstra and the Australian Competition and Communications Commission (ACCC) has escalated and there's still no solid vision of a high-speed Australian broadband network or pricing plan.
Everyone has an idea on how to roll out the national broadband scheme, but who's promising what?
Enterprise desktop phones face growing competition from wireless handsets, but they aren't going the way of the typewriter just yet.
The fact that the market for Bluetooth access points went nowhere five years ago hasn't stopped Germany's Anycom from recently introducing a new one with a power and range that far eclipses previous entrants.
Responding to a recent report on the market prospects of an MPLS alternative for metro Ethernet, edge switch market Hammerhead Systems this week reiterated a soul-baring confession.
Moving and sharing your digital media files on a home network can be a cool and fun thing -- until something goes wrong. And something always goes wrong. In a networked home, with DVRs, cable boxes, PCs, and media players sharing the same network, w...
One of the fundamental challenges facing network professionals is balancing ongoing responsibilities with reacting to daily events. Many spend the bulk of their time putting out fires or responding to unanticipated business requirements -- often at t...
Wi-Fi put home networks on the map when it emerged several years ago as a fairly fast, reasonably easy-to-use technology that didn't make consumers pull wires under their carpets or along their walls. It still dominates the market and will for the ne...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- iiNet founder Michael Malone joins NBN board
- Apple Pay: 42 percent of people don’t feel secure using it
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
- How do you stop patent trolls? This algorithm just might do the trick
- Get ready for your new co-worker – the robot
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCSystems TrainerVIC