Wi-Fi put home networks on the map when it emerged several years ago as a fairly fast, reasonably easy-to-use technology that didn't make consumers pull wires under their carpets or along their walls. It still dominates the market and will for the ne...
Networking & VoIP
Is an SSL VPN by either definition or by circumstance a NAC device?
The key thing to remember about MPLS is that it's a technique, not a service -- so it can be used to deliver anything from IP VPNs to Metro Ethernet services, or even to provision optical services. So although carriers build MPLS backbones, the servi...
A pair of Harvard University IT staffers last week released a free virtual appliance that supports their open source network access controlÂ platform -- just one of many free NAC tools springing up to address security-hungry customers.
Nearly three years since Jon "maddog" Hall predicted that "VOIP using an open source solution, such as Asterisk, will generate more business than the entire Linux marketplace today," open source VOIP for the enterprise remains a wild frontier. SMB up...
While Whirlpool focuses on the business of making kitchen and laundry appliances, lead network engineer Gregory Fisbeck keeps his eye on thousands of IP addresses.
Group Policy was introduced in Windows 2000 Server and was a great boon to administrator productivity. While Group Policy was enhanced and extended in Windows Server 2003, there were not many improvements to the actual settings that Group Policy coul...
Multisite and outsourced IT operations are making good use of Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), but strange trouble is turning up more and more. Often in discussion with local network staffers, we come to the point when I ask about backhaul lines...
Telecom and IT administrators charged with supporting telecommuters have as many product and technology options as users have reasons (or excuses) to work from home.
Recently, I had a chance to sit down with a few folks from Apple Computer who gave me a guided tour of Apple's upcoming server operating system, which is slated for release sometime in the spring of 2007. Mac OS X Server 10.5, or Leopard, will be the...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Extreme swallows Zebra’s WLAN biz for $55 million
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPWordpress DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ DeveloperSA
- FTService Lifecycle Management RepresentativeVIC
- CCDigital Content StrategistVIC
- FTSystem EngineerNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCC ProgrammerACT
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCTelecommunication Operations Specialist - Hobart/LauncestonTAS
- CCProject Engineer (Microwave)SA
- CCSenior Automation TesterVIC
- FTOracle IDM R1/R2 Implementation SpecialistNSW
- TPUAT LeadQLD
- FTSEM / PPC SpecialistNSW
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderVIC
- CCAPI DeveloperVIC
- FTSoftware Developer - LMSNSW
- CCSenior Web Content AuthorACT
- FTProject Manager - ProcurementSA
- CCDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleNSW
- TPNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW