U.S. Representative Cliff Stearns wants so badly to stop the U.S. Federal Communications Commission from creating network neutrality rules that he appears ready to weaken the U.S. Constitution's First Amendment.
Networking & VoIP
The fledgling wireless technology WiGig passed an important milestone Monday with the official released of the technology's specifications, giving member companies the green light to start building products based on the protocol.
Imagine sitting on the grass in a shady park, watching flawless high-definition television on your connected tablet. Imagine pausing the program and switching over to a video call from your mother.
Terry Childs' guilty conviction struck a nerve with IT staffers this week.
It seems that the battle for net neutrality has boiled down to an argument over economics. Dueling reports paint vastly different visions of the economic outlook for the broadband and Internet industries should the US FCC be successful in imposing ne...
When professors "phone it in," it usually means they're being lazy or dispassionate about the lessons they're teaching. But for Columbia University Law professor Tim Wu, phoning it in was the only way he could teach his classes this week.
"Our primary goal was always to clear our name and reputation. We have always been focused on serving our customers and delivering the quality open-Internet experience consumers want. Comcast remains committed to the FCC's existing open Internet prin...
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission is in legal limbo after a U.S. appellate court ruling Tuesday tossed out the agency's enforcement of network neutrality principles on broadband provider Comcast.
Google says it doesn't want to be your Internet service provider; rather, it wants to make your ISP behave in a more Google-friendly manner.
2010 CTIA Kicks Off
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- The Good Guys take serious aim at ASX listing
- Google Daydreams about VR, and enterprises take note
- Microsoft pledges to use more renewable energy in its data centers
- Google's mobile productivity apps bury Microsoft's
- Cybercriminals are increasingly embracing a sophisticated business-model approach
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- CCIT Technical WriterACT
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- FTSOA Tech LeadNSW
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- CCechnical Specialist ApplicationsACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCDeployment Project EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Systems AnalystNSW
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia