U.S. Representative Cliff Stearns wants so badly to stop the U.S. Federal Communications Commission from creating network neutrality rules that he appears ready to weaken the U.S. Constitution's First Amendment.
Networking & VoIP
The fledgling wireless technology WiGig passed an important milestone Monday with the official released of the technology's specifications, giving member companies the green light to start building products based on the protocol.
Imagine sitting on the grass in a shady park, watching flawless high-definition television on your connected tablet. Imagine pausing the program and switching over to a video call from your mother.
Terry Childs' guilty conviction struck a nerve with IT staffers this week.
It seems that the battle for net neutrality has boiled down to an argument over economics. Dueling reports paint vastly different visions of the economic outlook for the broadband and Internet industries should the US FCC be successful in imposing ne...
When professors "phone it in," it usually means they're being lazy or dispassionate about the lessons they're teaching. But for Columbia University Law professor Tim Wu, phoning it in was the only way he could teach his classes this week.
"Our primary goal was always to clear our name and reputation. We have always been focused on serving our customers and delivering the quality open-Internet experience consumers want. Comcast remains committed to the FCC's existing open Internet prin...
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission is in legal limbo after a U.S. appellate court ruling Tuesday tossed out the agency's enforcement of network neutrality principles on broadband provider Comcast.
Google says it doesn't want to be your Internet service provider; rather, it wants to make your ISP behave in a more Google-friendly manner.
2010 CTIA Kicks Off
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
- FCC votes for strict new broadband privacy rules
- Google simplifies VR content embeds with new VR view tool
- Atlassian president on IPO - 'We're overjoyed'
- After 10 years of profitability, Atlassian steps up for an IPO
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCIT Desktop Support- Travelling in NSW requiredNSW
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCProgram ManagementWA
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW