As expected the IEEE has ratified a new Ethernet specification -- IEEE P802.3bz – that defines 2.5GBASE-T and 5GBASE-T, boosting the current top end speed of traditional Ethernet five-times without requiring the tearing out of current cabling.
Networking & VoIP
Windows 10 Insiders on build 14926 on both a PC and a Windows 10 Mobile device can now send and receive texts from a single app.
Favored status for Apple iPhones and iPads on Cisco Systems networks starts Tuesday, giving users better Wi-Fi roaming, integrated VoIP calls and priority for the most important business apps. Here are five new capabilities that may prove most useful...
Microsoft’s Skype bots promise to arrange appointments, order food, and book hotels, and more.
Staying anonymous online could get a lot simpler with Anonabox, a pocket-sized networking device due to launch early next year.
LinkedIn wants to help people get a job and advance their careers by incorporating its services into their mobile email.
For consumers looking forward to 5G mobile technology for super-high speed, network giant Ericsson says there will be more to it than that -- and less.
One of the major obstacles for delivering faster Internet to the home is the sheer amount of work and money it takes to lay the cable. Now, researchers are coming up with a workaround that transmits the data wirelessly.
Google will feature users in advertisements that run on its suite of websites when those users recommend products or stores.
Cisco Systems has released security patches for authentication bypass, command execution and denial-of-service vulnerabilities affecting products that use its Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) software, as well as the Cisco Catalyst 6500 series switc...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- San Francisco’s Muni transit system reportedly hit by ransomware
- How to make home IoT more secure: Assume the worst
- Researchers build undetectable rootkit for programmable logic controllers
- Google clashes with Microsoft over Windows flaw disclosure
- Lost thumb drives bedevil US banking agency
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCPerformance Test AnalystVIC
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- CCSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project EngineerNSW
- CCProject Administrator-NSW
- CCProject Manager :ApplicationsWA
- CCSystems Analyst - Web Services.NSW
- TPAEM Developer (frontend)NSW
- CCWeb Developer - WordpressNSW
- FTUX / UI DesignerVIC
- CCEmail Production SpecialistQLD
- CCNight Shift Service Desk AnalystSA
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC
- CCWeb Services Tester- Test AnalystNSW
- CCInformation Security ConsultantNSW
- CCJunior Data Centre Support Technician - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTIndustry Engagement ManagerVIC
- TPProject Coordinator - IT Projects - State GovernmentVIC
- CCSenior Project EngineerNSW
- FTTraining & Implementation Manager, PlatformNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- CCSystem EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperQLD
- FTService Lifecycle RepresentativeQLD