The growth of 802.11n wireless LAN access points has been somewhat limited by a well-known problem with insufficient power to APs when using Power-over-Ethernet connections.
Networking & VoIP
A federal government move to stamp-out illegal file sharing via the national Internet content filtering scheme will be impossible, experts say, without blanket ban on peer-to-peer traffic.
NTT this week disclosed technical details about what it claims is one of the largest, most successful commercial applications of IPv6, the next-generation Internet network protocol.
Google is building its own routers because of dissatisfaction with Juniper's systems, according to a blog in SD Times.
Internet telephone services pose a serious threat to Britain's security, the head of MI5 has said.
Skype will release a big upgrade to its PC client software early next month, making video conferencing a central feature of the new interface.
Telstra (ASX:TLS) CEO, Sol Trujillo, has played down the impact of its exclusion from the government’s National Broadband Network (NBN) on top-line revenues.
Cisco on Wednesday announced the availability of Eos, or Entertainment Operating System, its hosted platform for media companies.
U.S. President-elect Barack Obama laid out his plan for a huge economic stimulus package, with broadband rollout, an Internet-based smart energy grid and computers for schools as part of the plan.
Networking company D-Link Systems is already seeing consumers and businesses switching to 802.11n, even though the wireless LAN technology isn't a ratified standard.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Skype is getting infused with conversational “bots”
- Anonabox promises a portable, streamlined way to use Tor to hide your online tracks
- LinkedIn aims to make email more professional, with LinkedIn Intro
- 5G will have to do more than send speed up your phone, Ericsson says
- Wireless world record: Researchers transfer data at 100Gbps through the air
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- FTSecurity ExpertACT
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- CCPricing ManagerNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCProject Support Officer (Project Scheduler)WA
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- FTProject Manager- Change ManagementSA
- FTPortfolio & Program Management ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- FTJDE DeveloperVIC
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- CCSolution Architect - IntegrationSA