Financially struggling Nortel Networks filed for Chapter 11 in US bankruptcy court yesterday.
Networking & VoIP
Analysts have locked horns over the need for Telstra's dark fibre to be integrated into the government's $10 billion National Broadband Network (NBN).
Who would have thought the government's proposed Internet filtering scheme would bring together so many disparate groups all united in their opposition to mandatory censorship?
The growth of 802.11n wireless LAN access points has been somewhat limited by a well-known problem with insufficient power to APs when using Power-over-Ethernet connections.
A federal government move to stamp-out illegal file sharing via the national Internet content filtering scheme will be impossible, experts say, without blanket ban on peer-to-peer traffic.
NTT this week disclosed technical details about what it claims is one of the largest, most successful commercial applications of IPv6, the next-generation Internet network protocol.
Google is building its own routers because of dissatisfaction with Juniper's systems, according to a blog in SD Times.
Internet telephone services pose a serious threat to Britain's security, the head of MI5 has said.
Skype will release a big upgrade to its PC client software early next month, making video conferencing a central feature of the new interface.
Telstra (ASX:TLS) CEO, Sol Trujillo, has played down the impact of its exclusion from the government’s National Broadband Network (NBN) on top-line revenues.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- San Francisco’s Muni transit system reportedly hit by ransomware
- How to make home IoT more secure: Assume the worst
- Researchers build undetectable rootkit for programmable logic controllers
- Google clashes with Microsoft over Windows flaw disclosure
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCMicrosoft Active Directory ArchitectACT
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- TPTest ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Control AnalystSA
- CCProject Manager l Business Focused l Telco Activations - Pennant Hills locationNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCTester (6 month contract) FinanceNSW
- TPSenior|Principal SAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTChange ManagerACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Travel and Expense Management SystemQLD
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleNSW
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD
- CCProject DirectorVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA