The growth of 802.11n wireless LAN access points has been somewhat limited by a well-known problem with insufficient power to APs when using Power-over-Ethernet connections.
Networking & VoIP
A federal government move to stamp-out illegal file sharing via the national Internet content filtering scheme will be impossible, experts say, without blanket ban on peer-to-peer traffic.
NTT this week disclosed technical details about what it claims is one of the largest, most successful commercial applications of IPv6, the next-generation Internet network protocol.
Google is building its own routers because of dissatisfaction with Juniper's systems, according to a blog in SD Times.
Internet telephone services pose a serious threat to Britain's security, the head of MI5 has said.
Skype will release a big upgrade to its PC client software early next month, making video conferencing a central feature of the new interface.
Telstra (ASX:TLS) CEO, Sol Trujillo, has played down the impact of its exclusion from the government’s National Broadband Network (NBN) on top-line revenues.
Cisco on Wednesday announced the availability of Eos, or Entertainment Operating System, its hosted platform for media companies.
U.S. President-elect Barack Obama laid out his plan for a huge economic stimulus package, with broadband rollout, an Internet-based smart energy grid and computers for schools as part of the plan.
Networking company D-Link Systems is already seeing consumers and businesses switching to 802.11n, even though the wireless LAN technology isn't a ratified standard.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Dick Smith shareholders left out in the cold
- Corporate “No-Cloud” policy in 2020 will be as rare as a “No-Internet” policy today
- A UK 'Brexit' may have a sunny side for tech
- Top legal tips for startups in the digital space
- Google goes after SharePoint with new enterprise tools
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCSoftware & Hardware Asset Management - 2 rolesNSW
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (HTML/JAVA/MySQL) 160613/JP/921Asia
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC