The growth of 802.11n wireless LAN access points has been somewhat limited by a well-known problem with insufficient power to APs when using Power-over-Ethernet connections.
Networking & VoIP
A federal government move to stamp-out illegal file sharing via the national Internet content filtering scheme will be impossible, experts say, without blanket ban on peer-to-peer traffic.
NTT this week disclosed technical details about what it claims is one of the largest, most successful commercial applications of IPv6, the next-generation Internet network protocol.
Google is building its own routers because of dissatisfaction with Juniper's systems, according to a blog in SD Times.
Internet telephone services pose a serious threat to Britain's security, the head of MI5 has said.
Skype will release a big upgrade to its PC client software early next month, making video conferencing a central feature of the new interface.
Telstra (ASX:TLS) CEO, Sol Trujillo, has played down the impact of its exclusion from the government’s National Broadband Network (NBN) on top-line revenues.
Cisco on Wednesday announced the availability of Eos, or Entertainment Operating System, its hosted platform for media companies.
U.S. President-elect Barack Obama laid out his plan for a huge economic stimulus package, with broadband rollout, an Internet-based smart energy grid and computers for schools as part of the plan.
Networking company D-Link Systems is already seeing consumers and businesses switching to 802.11n, even though the wireless LAN technology isn't a ratified standard.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LinkedIn ProFinder helps freelancers land jobs
- What you need to do to stop data from leaving with exiting employees
- As Zika looms, a question arises: Who gets to telecommute?
- Surveys suss out Windows 10 enterprise migration timelines
- Facebook battles to banish News Feed clickbait
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCBig Data SpecialistNSW
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW