University of California, Irvine researchers are applying lessons learned from music and video peer-to-peer file transfer networks to a system for reducing traffic jams on the roads.
Networking & VoIP
Sales of IP contact centres will grow in 2009, but probably not as dramatically as they did in 2008 due to an expected slowdown in sales of IP telephony gear, according to a new Infonetics report.
Being out of the office without a PC will no longer be an excuse for missing meetings on Cisco Systems' WebEx Meeting Center and Unified MeetingPlace conferencing systems.
AT&T is building a production-quality IPv6 data network for the US Army in Germany that will cost approximately US$23 million when it is completed next year.
A US VoIP phone service kept one of the terrorists who carried out deadly attacks in Mumbai, India, in November in touch with his handlers based in Pakistan, according to reports describing a dossier of evidence compiled by Indian officials.
Following the success of researchers last week in creating a false SSL certificate based on VeriSign's RapidSSL brand, the company is scrambling to explain how it happened, how it's preventing it from reoccurring, and whether its other SSL certificat...
Panasonic plans to unveil a networking system that can connect an electric car to home devices via electrical wiring at January's Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
It might make sense for Nortel to declare bankruptcy sooner rather than later in an effort to be in as strong a position as possible when it happens, an industry financial analyst says.
The US National Security Agency has patented a technique for figuring out whether someone is tampering with network communication.
The unified communications war between Microsoft and IBM has so far been pretty one-sided, with the giant from Redmond having the publicity edge over Big Blue.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- It's time to future-proof Australia's copyright laws for the 21st century
- Prepare for the rise of the augmented human: Futurist Simon Raik-Allen
- An inside look at Microsoft’s booming cloud business
- Opera pulls trigger on baked-in ad blocker
- Infographic: Commercial drones by the numbers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Support CoordinatorQLD
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC
- FTDesktop Support Technician - onsite Corporate officesVIC
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- FTGeneral Manager: Applications DevelopmentVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCSenior Analyst Designer / AWS and AzureVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW