It might make sense for Nortel to declare bankruptcy sooner rather than later in an effort to be in as strong a position as possible when it happens, an industry financial analyst says.
Networking & VoIP
The US National Security Agency has patented a technique for figuring out whether someone is tampering with network communication.
The unified communications war between Microsoft and IBM has so far been pretty one-sided, with the giant from Redmond having the publicity edge over Big Blue.
For Avaya, 2009 could solidify the company's top spot on the unified communications sales charts, putting it in the best position to reap even more as the world economy improves in the years following, industry experts say.
Juniper plans to stay the course in 2009 -- stick hard and fast to its high-performance networking mantra, invest in areas where customers can lower total cost of ownership, and not be distracted by trendy markets like video, collaboration and wirele...
Google and Microsoft said Monday that they have not backed away from their support for net neutrality principles, despite a report to the contrary.
Communications Minister Stephen Conroy has admonished Telstra for failing to bid for the National Broadband Network (NBN), and said its executives will now have to face up to shareholders.
Telstra’s broadband hopes have been shot to pieces following a government decision to exclude it from the National Broadband Network (NBN) tender.
The market for WiMax is predicted to decline in 2009, as mobile WiMax is hit both by the economic squeeze and competition from the LTE standard for 4G networks, according to an analyst report.
The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) has approved a standard for high-speed networking over multiple types of in-home wiring.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP upgrades the Envy 13 laptop with Kaby Lake, debuts the 4K Envy 27 display
- HP's Spectre x360 puts Kaby Lake and Thunderbolt into a thinner, faster package
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSHAREPOINT SPECIALISTQLD
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCData Surveyor, Data Analyst, Electrical backgroundNSW
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- FTNetwork ArchitectVIC
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTSAP Service Delivery ManagerACT
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCProject Engineer (Microwave)SA
- CCWintel Server SupportACT
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - Finance - CBDNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - Sydney - Leading OrganisationNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperQLD
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderVIC
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- CCAutoCAD Business System Analyst/ GIS, Spatial AnalystNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystNSW