Juniper plans to stay the course in 2009 -- stick hard and fast to its high-performance networking mantra, invest in areas where customers can lower total cost of ownership, and not be distracted by trendy markets like video, collaboration and wirele...
Networking & VoIP
Google and Microsoft said Monday that they have not backed away from their support for net neutrality principles, despite a report to the contrary.
Communications Minister Stephen Conroy has admonished Telstra for failing to bid for the National Broadband Network (NBN), and said its executives will now have to face up to shareholders.
Telstra’s broadband hopes have been shot to pieces following a government decision to exclude it from the National Broadband Network (NBN) tender.
The market for WiMax is predicted to decline in 2009, as mobile WiMax is hit both by the economic squeeze and competition from the LTE standard for 4G networks, according to an analyst report.
The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) has approved a standard for high-speed networking over multiple types of in-home wiring.
Protests erupted across Australian capital cities on Saturday in opposition to the government's $70 million national clean feed Internet scheme, which will impose blanket content filtering for all Web connections.
Australian Governments of all levels have jointly released a framework to accelerate the development and use of broadband in Australia to ensure the country remains domestically and internationally competitive.
Internet Service Providers (ISPs) participating in live trials of the national Internet content filtering scheme say the tests will be undermined by a government decision to test the “clean-feed” blacklist under watered-down conditions.
The Free Software Foundation Thursday slapped Cisco with a lawsuit claiming copyright infringement related to Cisco's Linksys wireless routers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More Dick Smith staff go as $2 million in underpayments is discovered
- Turn a barebones PC into a graphics powerhouse with AMD's new FirePro server GPUs
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCTechnical Project Manager, MigrationNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- FTOracle Middleware ConsultantNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- FTJunior Software Developer- Complex Tax/ Superannuation SolutionNSW
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCIBM InfoSphere ConsultantACT
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCRisk and Quality Assurance AnalystVIC
- CCSecurity Consultant/Analyst (Data Loss Prevention)WA
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW