Criminals are taking advantage of a bug in the Asterisk Internet telephony system that lets them pump out thousands of scam phone calls in an hour, the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation warned Friday.
Networking & VoIP
A little over a year ago, my colleagues and I modeled current and projected Internet capacity and anticipated demand to see if the curves ever crossed. The short answer: Yes, sometime before 2012, access (though not core) capacity would no longer be ...
The Australian Federal Police (AFP) yesterday arrested and charged two Brisbane men with money laundering offences linked to a BitTorrent tracker site. A $54,000 bank account belonging to one of the men was subsequently frozen.
Opponents to the government's Internet content filtering scheme will take to the streets in a series of protests planned in Australia's capital cities.
The first round of registrations for the new TLD (top-level domain) .tel opened Wednesday.
Greens senator Scott Ludlam has warned the government it will botch the $4.7 billion National Broadband Network (NBN) if it awards the contract to a private company.
The US Open tennis tournament provides network access for the players, guests and media, but this past summer the association running the event took an extra security step to make sure access wasn't too open.
The World Internet Project has released the results of its first ever global survey of Internet use.
Communications Minister Stephen Conroy has admitted that the National Broadband Network has taken much longer than the government expected, but says the outcome will be worth it.
Telstra has accused Singtel Optus of failing to make financial disclosures to the ASX regarding its source of funding for the National Broadband Network, just days after its own [[artnid:269018|lack of compliance|new]] with the tender process.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More Dick Smith staff go as $2 million in underpayments is discovered
- Turn a barebones PC into a graphics powerhouse with AMD's new FirePro server GPUs
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCProject Manager, Network, FinanceNSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- FTJunior Software Developer- Complex Tax/ Superannuation SolutionNSW
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW