Telstra will boost data speeds in its Next G mobile network to 21M bps (bits per second) early next year, and will conduct tests of the faster service this month, equipment vendor Ericsson said Friday. However, customers may have to wait longer for t...
Networking & VoIP
Criminals are taking advantage of a bug in the Asterisk Internet telephony system that lets them pump out thousands of scam phone calls in an hour, the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation warned Friday.
A little over a year ago, my colleagues and I modeled current and projected Internet capacity and anticipated demand to see if the curves ever crossed. The short answer: Yes, sometime before 2012, access (though not core) capacity would no longer be ...
The Australian Federal Police (AFP) yesterday arrested and charged two Brisbane men with money laundering offences linked to a BitTorrent tracker site. A $54,000 bank account belonging to one of the men was subsequently frozen.
Opponents to the government's Internet content filtering scheme will take to the streets in a series of protests planned in Australia's capital cities.
The first round of registrations for the new TLD (top-level domain) .tel opened Wednesday.
Greens senator Scott Ludlam has warned the government it will botch the $4.7 billion National Broadband Network (NBN) if it awards the contract to a private company.
The US Open tennis tournament provides network access for the players, guests and media, but this past summer the association running the event took an extra security step to make sure access wasn't too open.
The World Internet Project has released the results of its first ever global survey of Internet use.
Communications Minister Stephen Conroy has admitted that the National Broadband Network has taken much longer than the government expected, but says the outcome will be worth it.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- SanDisk builds tougher flash for IoT devices
- It's official: HP will break itself in two
- Seagate launches 4TB portable drive with wireless smartphone backup
- Planned new USB connector will fit both ways
- Toshiba offers to buy failed SSD maker OCZ
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Project Manager, Portfolio Services ManagementNSW
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Analyst Designer / AWS and AzureVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCSolution Architect - JULY STARTACT
- CCCommunication and Change ManagerVIC
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC