High-definition is rapidly going mainstream.
Networking & VoIP
Cisco this week is expected to unveil the first in a series of enterprise products designed to intelligently process video traffic in a network.
Mobile broadband will move closer to competing with ADSL (Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line) on more equal terms when latency improves and data speeds increase to a theoretical 21M bps (bits per second), according to Peder Ramel, CEO of mobile opera...
Telstra will boost data speeds in its Next G mobile network to 21M bps (bits per second) early next year, and will conduct tests of the faster service this month, equipment vendor Ericsson said Friday. However, customers may have to wait longer for t...
Criminals are taking advantage of a bug in the Asterisk Internet telephony system that lets them pump out thousands of scam phone calls in an hour, the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation warned Friday.
A little over a year ago, my colleagues and I modeled current and projected Internet capacity and anticipated demand to see if the curves ever crossed. The short answer: Yes, sometime before 2012, access (though not core) capacity would no longer be ...
The Australian Federal Police (AFP) yesterday arrested and charged two Brisbane men with money laundering offences linked to a BitTorrent tracker site. A $54,000 bank account belonging to one of the men was subsequently frozen.
Opponents to the government's Internet content filtering scheme will take to the streets in a series of protests planned in Australia's capital cities.
The first round of registrations for the new TLD (top-level domain) .tel opened Wednesday.
Greens senator Scott Ludlam has warned the government it will botch the $4.7 billion National Broadband Network (NBN) if it awards the contract to a private company.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
- Start-up sells a stamp-sized Linux server for $5
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- IBM targets x86 server territory with new Power servers
- As Dell and HPE revamp, Lenovo sets sights on enterprise cloud servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCAPI DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Software Engineer - C/C++NSW
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)VIC
- FTEnterprise Architect - InformationQLD
- CCMainframe Project ManagerVIC
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystOther
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCExchange EngineerNSW
- FTSuperannuation Fund AdministratorNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystOther
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- CCTesting and Support Services ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- TPSAP BO DeveloperWA
- CCJava Application Developer - BaselineACT
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCPowerOn Mobile SpecialistWA
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)NSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT