The federal government has defended its acceptance of Telstra's "non-compliant" National Broadband (NBN) proposal and said its expert panel will thrash out the details with the telco.
Networking & VoIP
At 12 pages and almost 1000 pages less than Optus-led Terria bid, Telstra’s proposal to construct the National Broadband Network will be considered for the $4.7 billion project, Communications Minister Stephen Conroy said on Wednesday.
An IP-based videophone service called GlobalLinx will launch in the US in the second quarter, offering a US$200 videophone and $30 monthly service for consumers and businesses.
Telstra has placed its National Broadband Network (NBN) hopes at risk by lodging a non-compliant $5 billion bid that fails to meet coverage requirements.
Bids for Australia's National Broadband Network (NBN) are in and the tender is closed, signalling the end of the year-long battle that has seen vicious fighting between contenders and harsh criticism of the government's broadband policies.
The federal government’s proposed ‘clean feed’ Internet censorship scheme does not account for trends in social networking communities and will easily be circumvented by savvy Gen-Yers, according to a prominent network engineer.
Telstra has announced it will pump $5.5 million into a Southern Queensland regional fibre network, 24 hours before the government decides the fate of the National Broadband Network (NBN), one of Australia's largest, most expensive infrastructure deve...
By some measures, the U.S. broadband market is healthy -- prices have fallen, speed has increased and millions of people have become customers in recent years. But customer choices are still limited, and prices could fall even more with more competit...
Nemertes Research continued to throw cold water on the future of the Internet this week, releasing a study projecting that demand for bandwidth on the Web would exceed its capacity by 2012.
The leading film studios and Channel 7 have taken legal action against iiNet claiming the ISP is complicit in the infringement of their copyrighted material.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More Dick Smith staff go as $2 million in underpayments is discovered
- Turn a barebones PC into a graphics powerhouse with AMD's new FirePro server GPUs
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC