Salesforce.com has unveiled a new content management and collaboration service that it says will eliminate the need for companies to build proprietary portals to communicate with customers.
Networking & VoIP
Microsoft has unwrapped a speech recognition-enabled phone system that is designed to give small businesses a flexible alternative to a public branch exchange (PBX).
Skype has released a new version of its Internet telephony and instant messaging software that adds a feature to let users create business reviews, and another one to sell expertise, as the eBay subsidiary promotes interaction among its users.
Novell hopes to cut out some of the complexity small and medium-size businesses face in managing Windows desktops with new software it is demonstrating at Cebit in Hanover, Germany, this week.
Cisco announced plans to acquire online collaboration service WebEx for US$3.2 billion, giving the network equipment giant a foothold in the software-as-a-service market.
The IEEE 802.11n Working Group this week approved draft 2.0 of the standard, paving the way for 100+Mbps wireless LAN products as early as the middle of this year.
Microsoft plans to purchase Tellme Networks in an effort to bolster its voice services portfolio and add speech recognition to a broad range of its software and online services, the company said Wednesday.
Siemens Enterprise Communications is working with Nokia to polish the hand-over of voice calls between corporate wireless LANs and public mobile phone networks, a Siemens executive said Wednesday.
As part of what is shaping up to be another hotly contested land-rush between the two, Microsoft and IBM used last week's VoiceCon conference to mark their territory in a race to provide unified communications technology to corporate users.
Optus has stepped forward as the first major telco to offer VoIP to the SMB sector with its announcement of two new VoIP services set to launch later this year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More Dick Smith staff go as $2 million in underpayments is discovered
- Turn a barebones PC into a graphics powerhouse with AMD's new FirePro server GPUs
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCTeradata DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- FTOracle Middleware ConsultantNSW
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperQLD
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCSenior Network EngineersACT
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW