VOIP capabilities within Office Communicator Server 2007 from Microsoft can offer significant business advantages for corporations, but it's not all plug-and-play yet.
Networking & VoIP
Verizon Business this week said it broadened coverage and enhanced the service-level agreements of its Layer 3 MPLS VPN service.
Opposition Leader Kevin Rudd has placed broadband squarely on the election agenda with the announcement that Labor will build a new high-speed network.
Microsoft will open up beta versions of its unified communications server and client software to the public for download on Monday, a senior company executive said Wednesday.
Salesforce.com has unveiled a new content management and collaboration service that it says will eliminate the need for companies to build proprietary portals to communicate with customers.
Microsoft has unwrapped a speech recognition-enabled phone system that is designed to give small businesses a flexible alternative to a public branch exchange (PBX).
Skype has released a new version of its Internet telephony and instant messaging software that adds a feature to let users create business reviews, and another one to sell expertise, as the eBay subsidiary promotes interaction among its users.
Novell hopes to cut out some of the complexity small and medium-size businesses face in managing Windows desktops with new software it is demonstrating at Cebit in Hanover, Germany, this week.
Cisco announced plans to acquire online collaboration service WebEx for US$3.2 billion, giving the network equipment giant a foothold in the software-as-a-service market.
The IEEE 802.11n Working Group this week approved draft 2.0 of the standard, paving the way for 100+Mbps wireless LAN products as early as the middle of this year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
- Largest DDoS attack ever delivered by botnet of hijacked IoT devices
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- Judge paves the way for British hacker's extradition to US
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCOffice 365 SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer Payments GatewayVIC
- FTSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Change ManagerNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCIntegrated logistics support Manager (ILS)ACT
- CCInformatica LeadNSW
- CCProgram ManagerACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - IT Solutions - GovernmentNSW
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst/Systems Analyst (DW/BI)ACT
- CCXML with Data Analysis . Work Location - CanberraVIC
- FTGeneral Manager - Software Development & ITVIC
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperNSW
- TPTraining ManagerVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectACT
- FTNetwork & Gateway EngineerACT
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCIntegration Developer - Government - SydneyNSW
- FTDevelopment Manager - Web, Mobile and CMSNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW