Optus has stepped forward as the first major telco to offer VoIP to the SMB sector with its announcement of two new VoIP services set to launch later this year.
Networking & VoIP
With the walls between IT domains crumbling, companies increasingly are putting in place policies, processes and technologies that serve the twofold purpose of managing and securing networks.
Two men have been arrested in the U.S. for allegedly defrauding Cisco of millions of dollars by obtaining valuable replacement parts on false pretenses.
Microsoft will release a public beta of new VOIP (voice over Internet Protocol) server software by the end of this month.The software smoothly integrates with legacy phone networks and its Office application suite, the company said.
Remote areas across Australia still without broadband Internet access are set to benefit from $162.5 million in additional funds in the form a federal government Broadband Guarantee announced today.
NEC has produced what it claims is the next generation of thin clients. And with it comes high expectations: it is hoping its newly launched product will help it more than double its revenues in Australia over the next three years.
Two network infrastructure vendors launched free management software tools at the VoiceCon show this week, with the aim of simplifying the setup of IP desktop phones and carrier VOIP services.
Researchers in the U.S. say they've successfully shown how attackers could compromise a network designed to make it harder to trace Internet surfers and the Web sites they are viewing.
Riverbed Technology is adding SSL support to its Steelhead WAN optimization gear, making it possible to accelerate a potentially large volume of network traffic that the equipment couldn't get at before.
The biggest obstacle Greg Baxter had to overcome when deploying a new VoIP network in the NSW Institute of Sport (NSWIS) office was convincing his senior executives.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LinkedIn ProFinder helps freelancers land jobs
- What you need to do to stop data from leaving with exiting employees
- As Zika looms, a question arises: Who gets to telecommute?
- Surveys suss out Windows 10 enterprise migration timelines
- Facebook battles to banish News Feed clickbait
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCLinux EngineerVIC
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Infrastructure/JAVA) 160901/SA/486Asia
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT