Optus has stepped forward as the first major telco to offer VoIP to the SMB sector with its announcement of two new VoIP services set to launch later this year.
Networking & VoIP
With the walls between IT domains crumbling, companies increasingly are putting in place policies, processes and technologies that serve the twofold purpose of managing and securing networks.
Two men have been arrested in the U.S. for allegedly defrauding Cisco of millions of dollars by obtaining valuable replacement parts on false pretenses.
Microsoft will release a public beta of new VOIP (voice over Internet Protocol) server software by the end of this month.The software smoothly integrates with legacy phone networks and its Office application suite, the company said.
Remote areas across Australia still without broadband Internet access are set to benefit from $162.5 million in additional funds in the form a federal government Broadband Guarantee announced today.
NEC has produced what it claims is the next generation of thin clients. And with it comes high expectations: it is hoping its newly launched product will help it more than double its revenues in Australia over the next three years.
Two network infrastructure vendors launched free management software tools at the VoiceCon show this week, with the aim of simplifying the setup of IP desktop phones and carrier VOIP services.
Researchers in the U.S. say they've successfully shown how attackers could compromise a network designed to make it harder to trace Internet surfers and the Web sites they are viewing.
Riverbed Technology is adding SSL support to its Steelhead WAN optimization gear, making it possible to accelerate a potentially large volume of network traffic that the equipment couldn't get at before.
The biggest obstacle Greg Baxter had to overcome when deploying a new VoIP network in the NSW Institute of Sport (NSWIS) office was convincing his senior executives.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCProcurement and Categroy SpecialistWA
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC