Researchers in the U.S. say they've successfully shown how attackers could compromise a network designed to make it harder to trace Internet surfers and the Web sites they are viewing.
Networking & VoIP
Riverbed Technology is adding SSL support to its Steelhead WAN optimization gear, making it possible to accelerate a potentially large volume of network traffic that the equipment couldn't get at before.
The biggest obstacle Greg Baxter had to overcome when deploying a new VoIP network in the NSW Institute of Sport (NSWIS) office was convincing his senior executives.
It may be too early to talk plug-and-play but IBM believes it can help businesses of all sizes easily cluster their servers to handle intensive computing workloads.
Cisco Systems' Linksys division thinks small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) should have some of the same features enterprises get, such as backup power and virtualization, when they attach storage to their networks.
Twenty-five schools in fourteen countries around the world have been given a cultural infusion with the use of videoconferencing in the classroom. The schools are all a part of the Global Run Project, which aims to demonstrate how schools can integra...
Avaya said on Thursday that it will develop communications solutions for small business that combine Google's updated Apps Premier Edition suite of Web applications with its own IP telephony technology.
Cisco says it is not releasing its NAC client software code to the open source community, nor does the company have plans to exit the endpoint security client business, despite a Cisco executive telling the contrary to the media earlier this month.
A new application from Raketu Communications aims to integrate IPTV (Internet Protocol television) with social networking, two of the Internet's hip technologies.
The Australian Communications Consortium (ACC) has launched a new VoIP switching system.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- These are the 3 big reveals from Microsoft's Surface event
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
- Despite concerns, analysts expect an OK for AT&T-Time Warner deal
- DNA testing for jobs may be on its way, warns Gartner
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCVBA DeveloperNSW
- FTMid-Senior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTCRM Business Process AnalystVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - General Insurance experience requiredVIC
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Manager - ApplicationsQLD
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Business AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- TPChange Manager | GovernmentQLD
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Business Analyst x 2QLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161103/AP/813Asia
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- FTApplication DeveloperWA
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperQLD
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Programmer (HTML5/Java/Oracle) 161031/P/551Asia
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- CCWeb Content EditorQLD