PowerCloud Systems, a company spun out of the famed PARC (Palo Alto Research Center)--birthplace of the etthernet, laser printing, and the graphical user interface--aims to upend the consumer networking market with a new cloud-managed Wi-Fi router.
Networking & VoIP
Avaya unified communications products can get along with Microsoft's Lync Server, and many customers will probably choose to deploy both rather than just one, says Avaya's CEO.
By default, wireless routers and access points have security turned off. Without Wi-Fi security enabled, anyone nearby can leech off your wireless Internet, see where you're browsing, capture your passwords to some websites, and possibly access your ...
Networking company NETGEAR today announced that it will offer a complimentary next business day, on-site hardware replacement service to its customers.
A Duke University grad student has come up with a way to double, or more, battery life in Wi-Fi devices, without any changes needed on the device itself. Essentially, the technique regulates how long and when client radios sleep, so that data transfe...
Alcatel-Lucent is charting a course to the next generation of carrier routers with new silicon that is focused today on delivering services from the edge of a network but could also power a massive packet engine for the core.
Microsoft will integrate Skype's calling features into many of its key products, including Office, the Xbox and its Windows Phone software, but it will it will also continue to offer Skype for competing platforms, CEO Steve Ballmer said Tuesday.
A Maryland man has been sentenced to seven years in prison for directing a multimillion-dollar warranty fraud scheme targeting Cisco Systems, the U.S. Department of Justice announced.
Chinese telecommunications equipment supplier ZTE has fired back against its rival Huawei Technologies by filing its own patent infringement lawsuit against the company.
China's largest telecommunications equipment supplier, Huawei, has filed lawsuits against Chinese rival ZTE for patent infringement involving mobile technologies.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- iiNet founder Michael Malone joins NBN board
- Apple Pay: 42 percent of people don’t feel secure using it
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
- How do you stop patent trolls? This algorithm just might do the trick
- Get ready for your new co-worker – the robot
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC