PowerCloud Systems, a company spun out of the famed PARC (Palo Alto Research Center)--birthplace of the etthernet, laser printing, and the graphical user interface--aims to upend the consumer networking market with a new cloud-managed Wi-Fi router.
Networking & VoIP
Avaya unified communications products can get along with Microsoft's Lync Server, and many customers will probably choose to deploy both rather than just one, says Avaya's CEO.
By default, wireless routers and access points have security turned off. Without Wi-Fi security enabled, anyone nearby can leech off your wireless Internet, see where you're browsing, capture your passwords to some websites, and possibly access your ...
Networking company NETGEAR today announced that it will offer a complimentary next business day, on-site hardware replacement service to its customers.
A Duke University grad student has come up with a way to double, or more, battery life in Wi-Fi devices, without any changes needed on the device itself. Essentially, the technique regulates how long and when client radios sleep, so that data transfe...
Alcatel-Lucent is charting a course to the next generation of carrier routers with new silicon that is focused today on delivering services from the edge of a network but could also power a massive packet engine for the core.
Microsoft will integrate Skype's calling features into many of its key products, including Office, the Xbox and its Windows Phone software, but it will it will also continue to offer Skype for competing platforms, CEO Steve Ballmer said Tuesday.
A Maryland man has been sentenced to seven years in prison for directing a multimillion-dollar warranty fraud scheme targeting Cisco Systems, the U.S. Department of Justice announced.
Chinese telecommunications equipment supplier ZTE has fired back against its rival Huawei Technologies by filing its own patent infringement lawsuit against the company.
China's largest telecommunications equipment supplier, Huawei, has filed lawsuits against Chinese rival ZTE for patent infringement involving mobile technologies.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google taps AI to help you bid for digital ads
- Office 365 gets new Word, PowerPoint and Outlook features
- Yahoo abandons fight, sells internet business to Verizon for US$4.8B
- LinkedIn claims Rocket Data beats Apple's iOS caching
- IDC: Smartwatch sales decline for the first time
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160810/AP/662Asia
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (NON-IT)WA