Shadow communications minister, Malcolm Turnbull, has warned the National Broadband Network (NBN) legislation will lead to complexity for future governments and prevent competition.
Networking & VoIP
Kansas City is the lucky winner of a 1Gbit-per-second broadband network that Google plans to build.
LG-Ericsson has recently introduced a variety of Ethernet switches specifically designed for small to medium businesses (SMBs).
The chief executive of the American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN) said today that any transfer of IPv4 addresses from one organization to another will need to be compliant with established ARIN policy.
Some iPad 2 users who expected a flawless product are instead finding a handful of problems with their shiny new tablets. The latest is a freezing issue with Facetime that can only be fixed by rebooting the iPad 2.
Motorola Mobility has signed an agreement to acquire Dreampark, a Swedish IPTV software provider, the company said on Wednesday.
The Wi-Fi Alliance plans to make getting onto a public hotspot as easy as connecting to a cellular network, a change that mobile operators are likely to welcome as they look to shift more data traffic onto Wi-Fi.
Results of a five-year study on telemedicine showed that patients can be treated virtually by physicians as effectively as if the patients made physical visits to the doctor's office. In another finding, the remote treatment also improved doctor-pati...
AT&T's planned acquisition of T-Mobile USA will advance U.S. leadership in mobile data and improve consumers' wireless experience, the company's top executives said on a conference call Monday morning.
There's no denying that Skype is by far the most ubiquitous VoIP service today, but a new project launched this week aims to create an open source alternative.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- IEEE sets new Ethernet standard that brings 5X the speed without disruptive cable changes
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- 5 ways Cisco could become an iPhone's best friend
- Skype is getting infused with conversational “bots”
- Anonabox promises a portable, streamlined way to use Tor to hide your online tracks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBiomedical Project ManagerSA
- CCProject AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCQuality Assurance LeadNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Be a part of the innovation programVIC
- FTJava DeveloperACT
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCContract Senior IT Assistant (Lotus Notes) 161101/SITA/571Asia
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTBI Developer-Micro-strategyNSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTProject ManagerSA
- FTSenior Full Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - PeopleSoftQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementQLD
- TPProject Manager - ApplicationsQLD
- CCNetApp Storage Specialist required to join global company in SydneyNSW
- CCCisco Voice ConsultantWA