On tap: A color thesaurus, photonics, and book and magazine publishing
Networking & VoIP
Does the Australian community need protecting from the worst the Web has to offer? The government appears to think so. Here's short guide to the rocky road to internet filtering in Australia.
Test your Cisco news knowledge.
Protesters held rallies across Australian capital cities today to oppose the government's national clean feed Internet scheme, which will impose blanket content filtering for all web connections
From Internet-enabled appliances to wireless thermometers, we offer a tantalising list of cool kitchen toys.
Not Sarah Palin!
Some days are just worse than others when it comes to network security. Here are our picks for some of the worst in history.
Windows Web sites worth a look
In this slideshow, we'll examine the very worst fictional characters that marketing departments have unleashed on the general public over the years, ranging from smarmy wireless salesmen to dotcom-promoting sock puppets to annoying graphics of paperclips that SIMPLY REFUSE TO GO AWAY not matter what you do.
Field Day lets ham radio operators prep for disaster.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Extreme swallows Zebra’s WLAN biz for $55 million
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSolution Architect | HRISQLD
- CCIT Systems AnalystACT
- FTChange AnalystVIC
- FTSoftware TestersACT
- TPAnalyst Work Place SupportVIC
- CCLevel 1/2 IT Service Desk OfficerQLD
- FTSenior Security Advisor - CISSP - Permanent - Nth SydNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW
- CCSystems Administrator :SCCMWA
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraNSW
- CCProject Engineer (Microwave)NSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerACT
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- CCCapacity and Performance AnalystVIC
- FTInfrastructure AnalystQLD
- CCSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW
- FTHead - Project Delivery / Project Delivery DirectorACT
- CCHadoop DeveloperSA
- FTJava Full Stack DeveloerQLD
- FTCampaign AnalystVIC
- FTiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD